Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: never ending panick attack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy never ending panick attack

hi ive suffered with anxiety for years now , but since december when i had a major panick attack it feels like its never ending ive ended up at a&e a couplr of times and am at gp s every week convinced ive got something wrong with my heart as my mane symptoms are palpitations , chest tightness, muscle tension but i feel like this from the minute i wake up i feel really anxious all the time im starting to feel really scared that im just going to drop down dead at any minute all so got IBS which isnt helping . just wondering if any one else feels like there in a constant panick attack .

Re: never ending panick attack

Sounds like anxiety to me more than actual panic attacks.

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left and under the welcome topic is a thread about common posts that will help.

It will go if you do relaxation, calming techniques, breathing, exercise, good diet and generally look after yourself.

Also read the First Steps post for more advice.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thank u having a really bad time at the moment , its great to be able to come to this site and read other peaples stories i dont feel so alone

You are never alone Deb on here.

Chin up ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Deb

So sorry that ure having such a bad time at the moment. Yes, sounds like anxiety rather than a panic attack. I used to wake up feeling that way and have it all day long, until I went on medication. Are you on any meds? Perhaps if u had something for a short period of time, it would help relieve the tension to give u some relief and also u would then know that it is tension and not anything wrong with ure heart. This damn anxiety
    Take care
    Elspeth

hi thanks for tour reply , im not on any meds as i took seroxat a few years ago and had really bad withdrawl so its put me of taking anything else , at the moment im seeing therapist at doctors seen her twice up to now but she just keeps telling me what i already know but ill perservere with it . i also feel anxiety from the moment i wake up last few weeks have been a nightmare keep googleing symptoms every night trying to find something wrong , some times i cant believe all these symptoms are down to anxiety , chest feels tight all time like some one is squeezing me . deb x

Hi deb
    I am new to this site but found it so helpful already.
    Like you I had symptoms which scared me. Mine were chest pains whilst on holiday almost six weeks ago and i had loads of tests ecg etc but no real organic problems. I was totally incapacitated off work convinced I was about to die etc. Then I developed tinnitus which really scared me but this was put down to anxiety and stress.
    Having found other people with same issues I felt that I was not alone and can honestly say that I am now feeling more relaxed and on the way to recovery. At first I would not have believed anyone if they had said I would get through it. So in a long winded way I am saying hang on in there it will get better and you are not alone.

best wishes David.

Hi Deb

I know how you feel. I have this most days aswell.

Have you had any tests? I had an ECG which came out fine. I also had pressure in my chest and I went to the Doc thinking I had a chest infecion, he said it was the anxiety.

Best of luck - Liz xx

yess.. i use to feel like this all the time when i first got diagnosed with it. then lately i have been feeling like that all the time. not so much a panic attack like everyone said probably more anxiety. but it just felt like it was always there ready to be set off if i got angry or saw something that scared me or i started worrying about something id get one. it was like i had to try and calm myself down 24/7, its so tiring aswell. i just felt so sleepy all the time.

thanks for replys , ive had a couple of ecg s blood tests chest x ray and the usual blood pressure and stuff at doctors but every thing came back normal over last couple of weeks ive become really aware of heart beat feels like its thudding all time and i get a lot of palpitations i just cant stop worrying about them ive got a partner and two kids who im allways snapping at reasently, i just dont feel like talking to them sometimes because im that busy cocentrating on my symptoms ive suffered with anxiety for a long time but these last 4 months since my major panick attack in december have been a nightmare . debs x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information