Thread: panic of the heat

panic of the heat

i hate the heat the worst part is that i used to love love the heat. i was very much a outdoors man. but know the heat is one of my biggest triggers i begin to feel flustered and overwhelmed i become flushed i get pins and needles at times and right away i start looking for a safe coool place. but before i find this safe haven i throw water all over myself or i wet a cloth or kleenex to help cool my self down. most of the time I'm doing this in public. (can you imagine seeing a young guy empting his water bottle all over himself and then quickly walking to a cool shady place while manically touching his temples because i feel like my head might burst plus im trying to feel how dialated my temples are.the other thing is i begin to feel week and sometimes numbness. my biggest fear is that i will have a stroke or heart attack. and when i finally get into a cool place i slowly begin to feel better but iam left exasted phisically drained i even look bad after words.
    the other big thing is that i have found that drinking a lot of electrolytse, or gatorade helps keep my heart more in a average haeart rate.

I dont know if any one else is going thrue this but i hope if you are the electrolyte tip will help you out as much it has for me.

Re: panic of the heat

Heat is a trigger for me as well. I am relieved (for the first time ever) that we are now heading into winter here in New Zealand.

I have a funny heart that goes too fast as well. I drink electrolytes fairly often as seem to get dehydrated a lot with the anxiety. It hasn't helped the pounding heart though.

I can completely relate to what you're saying. Heat makes me feel suffocated, makes my heart race and it makes me feel light-headed (I've got low blood pressure), which is very reminiscent of panic attacks symptoms, and therefore, more scary. I've had a therapist say to me that most anxiety sufferers find the summer a difficult period because of this.

What helps me is carrying a bottle of water with me, walking around somewhere where I know I'll be able to find shade, and being near or around places that have got air-con. Recently, however, I've found myself being able to rationalise the fear of heat, and I'm pleased to report, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I wish the same for you!

Thread Information