Thread: Petechiae and Flu?

Petechiae and Flu?

Hi, all. I've just registered to this site. Yesterday I was diagnosed by a NP with type A flu (tested positive). I'm 17, female, and overweight. I've had the typical symptoms and the fever seems to have gone down. This morning though I discovered some petechiae rashes on my right arm, upper and lower (no where else) I know the difference between small red dots from sun exposure to this. Should I be worried? Thanks for your help - update: they seem to be popping up out of nowhere.
    Last edited by mythypaw; 05-03-17 at 12:59. Reason: adding information

Re: Petechiae and Flu?

I'm also dealing with a petechiae scare at the moment so you're not alone (and also on my right arm haha). Anyway petechiae can definitely be associated with certain viral infections so I wouldn't worry too much.

These are normal with the flu and food poisoning. They can also be caused by extra body heat.

You need to stay in bed, drink lots of fluids, and get lots of sleep. Getting the actual flu (when you test positive, not just people assuming they have the flu) will make you feel like death for about 2 weeks, and then it will take about another 2 or 3 weeks to get your energy back.

Thank you for your responses. I've not actually had a fever (low-grade) since I was diagnosed. I'm not feeling horrible, it feels more like a cold though of course I know I have the flu. I shouldn't be worrying about stuff like this. I just can't help it! Also, I think they're starting to fade. They're turning brown.

Thread Information