Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brain tumor fears

Brain tumor fears

This fear has been building up over the last week and tonight I feel at breaking point. I'm so scared I have a brain tumor. I've had pain in my sinuses for well over a week now and an awful headache. If I take any sinus tablets or Iboprofen the pain goes but my head feels full still my ears also feel sore and I feel sick. I know my anxiety isn't helping this but I just want to cry. I can't see my dr for 2 weeks and the surgery is now closed until Tuesday.

I know I'm doing everything I shouldn't by googling and coming on here for reassurance but I'm worried. I thought about calling 111 for some advice but I did that back in January over something else and that made things so much worse.

Re: Brain tumor fears

It's pollen season and the weather has been ridiculously hot, my sinuses are really playing up at the min. Drink plenty of water, eat well, rest and stop worrying

Thank you for replying. I've never had hay fever before do you think its possible to suddenly get it in your 30s?

Definitely. I don't remember having it all my life. I don't get the classic symptoms described in tv adverts etc. Like sneezing and itchy eyes. Mine feels like a bad cold and sinus pains. Oh and blocked ears cough etc. Anxiety will make it worse so try to relax. Easier said than done I know

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Definitely. I don't remember having it all my life. I don't get the classic symptoms described in tv adverts etc. Like sneezing and itchy eyes. Mine feels like a bad cold and sinus pains. Oh and blocked ears cough etc. Anxiety will make it worse so try to relax. Easier said than done I know
    Thank you that's what mine is like having a head cold but no runny nose it fees like the pressure would go if I could just clear my head. My partner is going away all week and I'm so worried somethings going to happen while I'm looking after our daughter on my own. I really want to be a good mum but go into panic mode over every little thing

I'm sure you'll be fine. How old is your daughter?

She is 6 and absolutely amazing

Ooh lovely, half term then. Have a lovely week you two

Thank you. I'm going to drink more tomorrow and try some Piriton to see if that helps

Have a word with the chemist and see what they say. Obviously I'm not a doctor but it sounds exactly how pollen affects me. Enjoy your week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information