Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
I can attest to this as I went when I had my 1st heart attack. I was in the ER and felt a weird rush coming from my lower abdomen. I thought "That's weird". The feeling started to rise into my chest and I thought "This can't be good". Next thing I remember was waking up and a nurse saying "Welcome back". I had gone into AFIB and they used the paddles to get a normal rhythm. There was no fear or my life flashing before my eyes... It was literally an instant.

Positive thoughts
Thanks for sharing that Fishmanpa. That's reassuring ... although I was hoping for bright lights lol! When you went into afib did your heart completely stop or was it wildly irregular?

My friend had 3 heart attacks a couple years ago as a result of drug abuse. He too said he didn't really feel anything like the show on TV. My Dad's friend only had vomiting and nausea when it happened to him at the gym. He even drove himself to hospital and wasn't aware he had a heart attack.

I guess to an onlooker watching someone slip is terrefying, but to the person who's experiencing it the feeling is very different? When my Dad and stepdad died there wasn't any crazy panic/anxiety. My stepdad was confused when his sugar level crashed and he went blind but almost straight after that he was gone.

I'm starting to believe life is far too short to worry. Although the talk of this has sent my ectopics wild lmao