Thread: How to tell if symptoms are real?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to tell if symptoms are real?

So I know I have anxiety...but anxious people get sick too. How do I tell if my symptoms are real or not? Going through a period of great struggle at the moment. I constantly fear cancer and am currently experiencing fatigue, dizziness, and ear blockage. Scared to death of a brain tumor or leukemia. Those are the two worst things I cAn think of. I'm so miserable all the time and can't enjoy anything. Just restarted Zoloft asthat has helped before (but was feeling dizzy before that so can't blame the med). My usual tricks aren't working to feel "normal". I'm scared of the dizziness, scared of the fatigue, and I'm so sad.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: How to tell if symptoms are real?

I posted on another thread of yours re "brain tumour". Anxious people do get sick - usually from their constant worrying. You're receiving talking therapy and started Sertraline again, so you're taking positive action. Tell yourself that these symptoms are part of your mental illness. If it was something more serious like a brain tumour you'd probably be in hospital by now, not on here writing about it.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: How to tell if symptoms are real?

I can't seem to get a handle on things today. I'm so scared that I feel certain that I have a tumor or leukemia and that this is all real. I can't even seem to be able to use any coping mechanisms today. What can I do to calm down?

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

I just want to curl up and hide in my bed. But I can't do that because I have 2 kids and a job. I dying I know it

Thread Information