I am new to this-so I hope I am in the right place. I do have HA very bad and have been a worrier as long as I can remember. I have struggled with depression. 4 months ago I developed a lump in my throat which I believe is cricopharyngeal spasms. (I had this 5 years ago and it went away after 4 months after a barium swallow which showed minor reflux and small hiatal hernia) I spend every day on the internet looking up my symptoms. It matches perfectly with a spasm. The middle of December the lump feeling started to move to my chest and back to my throat periodically feeling like a spasm. It is now mainly in my chest behind my breast bone but occasionally still radiates to my throat. I have never had heartburn, gerd but went to an ENT and he told me to go on Zantac for a month. He did not scope me and sort of blew me off.

It didn't get any better so I am now going in for a scope EDG in 5 days on the 15th. My depression came back and am now on Lexapro and Wellbutrin. I am currently taking a PPI for about 9 days with no relief. I spend every morning in panic mode crying and obsessing about the worst case possible outcome. I have read so many things on the Internet that scare me. I am praying this is just anxiety but of course my mind directs me to the worst. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thank you.