Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nausea and sickness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nausea and sickness

Hi everyone,

I've recently been suffering with nausea and actual vomiting when I feel panicky. As you can imagine this is frustrating because it imposes restrictions on what I'm doing. I realise the sickness is connected closely to my psyche because I'm fine afterwards and my biggest fear is being sick in public. At the moment I'm taking root ginger capsules and not giving in to avoidance which I hope will slowly turn my psyche around.

Does anybody else suffer from vomiting when anxious as I've read a few threads about nausea but not actual sickness? What I'm looking for is just a bit of reassurance that I'm not the only one. Sorry for the thread as I know it's not very pleasant reading.

Take care,

Re: Nausea and sickness

Hiya Mike

Sorry you are not so good.

You don't have a touch of acid type indigestion do you cos that makes me sick?

Also you could try soda water or tonic water as Meg says the sick feeling is a build up of gases and that will make you burp and may relieve it.

Just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Very big well done for not letting it stop you trying to do stuff Mike!!

My probs are more the other end when I get anxious so I'm not a lot of help really.

Love Piglet

Hi nibbles
    I suffer really bad with nausea and sickness, sometimes i am sick and sometimes gag, mainly feel nausea all the time, it kills me, I was diagnosed with PND and Anxiety in Jan after my baby girl was two weeks old, its been a struggle, have a CPN come to see me every two weeks and starting CBT next week, also on meds Citalopram 40mg, I have been having some bad days this week, its the constant nausea, I hate it, I just panic over nothing, as soon as I do my symtoms kick in (sickness) How bad do you feel, after reading your thread I feel I am not alone, I am always thinking I am not going to get better, but evryone I see says I will, as I reconised this early and not left it untreated, had PND and Anxiety with my first soon 7 years ago, and unfortunalely got it again, but even worse, lifes so unfair, sorry for going on, please tell me about your symtoms, how long have you been feeling like this.
    Hope to hear from you soon

I sometimes actually throw up when anxious. But, I think it has to do with my ears. I get sea sick basically when anxious. So, this makes me start gagging, and once I gag, I may actually throw up. I do find that at times I try to throw up, jsut to get it over with. It is helpful to try to distract yourself with something else instead. Anyway... I know how unplesant it is... keep us posted on your progress.

-- Anonymous

Hi Mike,

I am sooo sorry to hear you have to go through this, my heart goes out to you. I know only too well how this symptom of feeling sick and being sick can effect evey walk of your life.

My daughter suffered pa's anxiety from a very young age, ( 3 years old) this was her main symptom, feeling sick and being sick. Will not go to much into detail on this, but it was very scary for her and me at the time.

Her symptoms of feeling sick and being sick went over time, as she learned not to give in and avoid things and feed her negative thoughts.

She is 13 now and doing very well, the last time she vomited becasue of her anxiety was last year, she had a pa in school (large blip) and found it very hard to go back to school, when she was trying to go back to school going in very slow one lesson at a time, she did vomit a few times, but faced her fears head on, ohhh brave girl I am soo pround of her. She has not had this symptom since.

She may feel unwell when she has a problem in school, but works her way through it.

It is strange when you say you are fine after you vomit, my daughter was like that in the early years, she would have, what I used to call a funny turn, look funny, say she felt unwell, then vomit and feel fine after, mmm I use to think that was very strange, but now I have been there myself a few years ago, having pa's and high anxiety myself, thats why I joind this site, nothing seems strange when it comes down to pa's and anxiety, there are many, many strange symptoms.

I did have to teach my daughter NOT to be scared of being sick, always carred a sick bag, tried dame hard NOT to let her avoid things, but you know how hard this can be. The sick bags I got off a plane, every time we went away or a family memeber went on a plane, I would ask them to get me the sick bags, had lots of them.

You are sooooo right in NOT avoiding things, I know how hard this is for you, but you are doing GREAT, be proud of yourself, this helps you move forward too, looking at how well you are doing. You can turn things around and in time this symptoms will pass.

Mike, I hope this has help a little even if its just knowing you are not alone and this IS a symptoms of anxiety and one that CAN be beatin, in time.

You take care,

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi Mike,
    Like Piglet, it is the other end that bothers me when I have high anxiety, but I know you are a fighter and that you don't give in to the nausea problem. Hopefully the ginger capsules will start working soon. I have also heard that hynosis can be good for specific phobias like being ill in public, not sure if you would consider this.

Take care

Eibhlin x

I just wanna give me good mucks a big hug xxxxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

When my anxiety is high I lose my appetite and throw up everyday. Horrible! You are not alone.

hi flatterycat, how do you cope? I have what you have no appetite and feel sick most of the time it does sort of get better in the evening but never know when, how long have you been feeling like this. love to hear from anyone with advice just feel that i will never get better and it will be with me till the day i die, want to be normal and enjoy my kids especailly my 6 months old baby girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information