Thread: My pregnancy fear is killing me

My pregnancy fear is killing me

The fear I have of pregnancy is terrible its constantly on my mind and i'm having so many I guess unnecessary pregnancy scares. I was always thinking was pregnant even on the pill so i switched to the implant and it takes 7 days to become effective and I had intercourse on the 8th day, now i'm terrified in case it might actually take longer for me and i'm going to end up pregnant, wanted the morning after pill but people have said its not necessary, other sources online say you should give contraception a month before you use it! Am i okay because i used the pill before? Really want to take the MAP in case but people are telling me not to waste my money :/
    It's really getting to me, tempted to never have sex again although that may be over reacting, this 21 day wait to take a test is going to kill me :(

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: My pregnancy fear is killing me

Gosh, I know. I'm absolutely terrified of falling pregnant and recently had a scare that involved the MAP, an emergency IUD (out now, thankfully) and dozens of pregnancy tests every day...

I'm sure you're not pregnant. You're using reliable contraceptives. I think a MAP would be a waste of money but if it would put your mind at ease this month then I guess you could take it... as long as you don't start doing it every month!

If you're going to take a pregnancy test, I'd use a FRER as they are super sensitive and can be taken 6 days + before a period in many cases, so you'll be able to trust the result.

It's hard to know what to do when you have a pregnancy fear because it's so easy to get into obsessive behavior like taking millions of pregnancy tests and tricking yourself into thinking you can see a line. All anyone can say is that it's very unlikely that you'll get pregnant with the implant. Whether you can believe that is another matter.

I really think you should just try to forget all about it, trust the implant, have sex as usual, and not bother with the MAP or taking pregnancy tests. If your period is late you could maybe take a test to put your mind at rest but otherwise I think you should try not to worry! Easier said than done, though, I know!

It's been 8 days and everyone always says (wait 7 days) loads of people tell me its been past that so I'll be fine but the anxious part within me says its only by a day and you're an idiot and i can't get that out of my head :( i distract myself and i'm fine but then i remember and i can't shake it off, it was during my period so will have to wait 21 days for a test, am going to try and trust others, my partner doesn't understand the need to worry as the nurse said 7 and its been past that so i'm safe but i hear you should use contraception for a month before relying on it however i was previously on the pill and so i should be fine plus it isn't proven, just going to try and calm down x

If you had sex during your period, it's really very unlikely you'd get pregnant. You normally don't ovulate for a week or so after your period finishes and by then any sperm would have died. You'd have to have very short cycles, or a very short follicular phase, to fall pregnant if you had sex on your period.

Yeah that's what i was thinking x

Thread Information