Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sleep problems again. Not getting sleep even though I really need it. Scared.

Re: Sleep problems again. Not getting sleep even though I really need it. Scared.

I don’t know what you mean. I’m definitely not imagining the frequent urination or being up till really late last night because of it. Idk how I can hope to sleep on nights that it happens.

All I can say is that usually the frequency stops during the night but it never really did last night. If I even got a few hours of sleep last night, I guess it’s better than nothing. My concern is if it happens again tonight. Idk if my body can take multiple bad nights like that.

Re: Sleep problems again. Not getting sleep even though I really need it. Scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    I don’t know what you mean.
    What I mean is that this has been an ongoing issue with you for some time now. Just like some fixate on cancers or other illnesses, you fixate on sleep (and now urination). Your mind consciously or not is focusing on this and the added stress and worry ramps up the flight or fight response which IMO, is responsible for the more frequent urination. Based on the fact that you have periods of relative calm and sleep lends itself to a mental issue as opposed to a physical one. As suggested, getting a handle of this with real life professional help would be prudent.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-05-22 at 13:20.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I wanted to post an update to this. I recently saw a urologist and had a Cystoscopy done. It revealed nothing but a perfectly normal bladder. While it’s good that nothing bad was found, it doesn’t help my urination problem which triggers my insomnia.

The urologist didn’t want to prescribe anything at my age for stuff that blocks out urination. I guess he would know better than I would. I have Prostatitis and the frequent urination happens on my days off work only. Not sure how I can manage this because it really affects my sleep.

I wanted to post an update to this. I recently saw a urologist and had a Cystoscopy done. It revealed nothing but a perfectly normal bladder. While it’s good that nothing bad was found, it doesn’t help my urination problem which triggers my insomnia.
    A perfectly normal bladder means that this is down to anxiety..

The urologist didn’t want to prescribe anything at my age for stuff that blocks out urination. I guess he would know better than I would. I have Prostatitis and the frequent urination happens on my days off work only. Not sure how I can manage this because it really affects my sleep.
    This doesn't make any sense.

My brother has literally just gone through this; his urinary frequency was constant throughout the day and night and did not take days off..

What I'm thinking is that you will have less time to fixate on your bladder at work therefore it's less of an issue because your mind is distracted for long periods of time whereas this is less likely to be the case on days off..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    A perfectly normal bladder means that this is down to anxiety..

This doesn't make any sense.

My brother has literally just gone through this; his urinary frequency was constant throughout the day and night and did not take days off..

What I'm thinking is that you will have less time to fixate on your bladder at work therefore it's less of an issue because your mind is distracted for long periods of time whereas this is less likely to be the case on days off..
    Well, I thought so too when this first started but I think it's more than just anxiety. When I was on vacation, I went almost the whole week with no issues despite having time to think about it. And sometimes, I had no issues even on nights where I'd normally have the issue.

My insomnia is still an issue but lately, it's been confusing for me. I literally had 5.5 hours pass without me remembering being up but yet my eyes feel irritated, my arms/legs feel stiff and achy, and I have some pressure in my head. I've touched on this kind of thing before most likely but it is worrisome that I feel terrible like this.

Tonight, I'm likely to have frequent urination so if I did not sleep well last night, it'll only make me more miserable. I think because I'm at work on work days and i'm active, I think exercise is the culprit. But on my off days, it's impossible to replicate 8 hours of work. Besides that, it's my off day. I wouldn't want to do that much exercise.

I literally had 5.5 hours pass without me remembering being up
    My experience of this is that I've been asleep or in a Jack Daniel's induced coma passed out in various places, including my nephew's trampoline...

but yet my eyes feel irritated, my arms/legs feel stiff and achy, and I have some pressure in my head. I've touched on this kind of thing before most likely but it is worrisome that I feel terrible like this.
    This sound like me with my allergies...

Tonight, I'm likely to have frequent urination so if I did not sleep well last night, it'll only make me more miserable.
    The problem with anxiety is thoughts like these can become self-fulfilling prophecies - simply because it's a normal part of the stress response. You worry you won't sleep and your brain will make sure that you don't. Try some reverse psychology on yourself Seaster..

I think because I'm at work on work days and i'm active, I think exercise is the culprit. But on my off days, it's impossible to replicate 8 hours of work. Besides that, it's my off day. I wouldn't want to do that much exercise.
    I honestly think this is a mental issue...

Well, after months of doing just fine, I have ran into an all too familiar bump in the wall. I went to bed around 1 am but my frequent urination flared up and made it difficult for me to be comfortable in bed and sleep. The ONLY time last night to where I felt I may have gotten any sleep was when I went back to bed around 4:50 am after taking some ZZZquil. (I do this when I am still up and it usually works for me.)

So I took the cup of ZZZquil and laid back in bed. (This was around 4:55 am) Next time I get up, it's 6:35 am and I have a STRONG urge to pee. Then again, my urge to pee has been very strong in addition to the frequency. I can be holding it for 5 minutes and it'll feel like I had been holding it for hours.

Either way, it seems that after taking the sleep medicine, it's likely I finally dozed off? My worry is that I did not and I am in bad shape now because I'm running on no sleep. While I do feel a bit off, I haven't yawned or felt like closing my eyes. So really, I don't know.

I've dealt with this situation before but my anxiety is building because the frequent urination problem could crop up again. If that happens, what can I do to sleep? I don't even care if I wet the bed to be honest. I just want to sleep. The one thing that usually happens with my urination issue is that I usually end up sleeping once it fizzles out but sometimes it doesn't and lasts all night into the day.

Either way, it seems that after taking the sleep medicine, it's likely I finally dozed off? My worry is that I did not and I am in bad shape now because I'm running on no sleep. While I do feel a bit off, I haven't yawned or felt like closing my eyes. So really, I don't know.
    Sounds like you slept to me, Seaster.

I did sleep and I did last night too. Though, I was up for the first 4 hours of the night and was miserable. Constantly feeling like I need to pee and even lightly sweating at one point. Eventually, I fell asleep because time started to pass that I don't remember.

Part of my mind was jumping to things like what if this peeing thing never goes away during the night? I'm glad I got some eventually but it was a real worry for the first part of the night.

Part of my mind was jumping to things like what if this peeing thing never goes away during the night? I'm glad I got some eventually but it was a real worry for the first part of the night.
    The need to urinate is part of fight or flight. It's the classic needing to go to the toilet a million times before a job interview etc. The more youfear this symptom (anxiety) the more stress hormones will be released, and these hormones directly affect your bladder.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information