Quote Originally Posted by welshdory View Post
What med in the SNRI would you suggest.
Your GP will likely recommend venlafaxine (Effexor). Though the box says it's a SNRI it is really only a SSRI having only a weak effect on noradrenaline (NA), aka norepinephrine, neurotransmission and then only at the upper end of its dose range. Some of the other SSRIs are actually more potent NA reuptake inhibitors, albeit still only weak ones. Venlafaxine can also be the most difficult AD to quit, often more so than benzodiazepines.

Duloxetine is a true SNRI and pretty effective, but the initial side-effects can be rough and quitting can be difficult as like all the SNRIs it has a short half-life and the limited dose range it comes in makes it impossible to wean off in small steps. The old SNRI milnacipran might be worth a shot as might the newer levomilnacipran (as with citalopram and escitalopram, the new med was more about extending the patent than improving effectiveness), if they are available on the NHS. I haven't seen either mentioned here much so they may not be.

I have the diazpam but scared to try it. I don't want to cause further problems
You could try mirtazapine at low doses for its sedative effects, plus maybe a beta-blocker if you're experiencing adrenaline surges.