Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the replies

@Poppy - I really hope everything works out for your Dad and they figure out the right course of treatment for him.

You're right, my GP probably looked at the overall number and since it wasn't drastically high, a simple diet change was the way forward, which is perfectly reasonable. The issue here in the UK is that we rarely get to see the same GP again, so lots of stuff isn't followed up on, or wires get crossed. When I raised the question last year regarding the considerably wide LDL/HDL gap in my bloods, and chest pain I was experiencing during exercise, it was a different GP I saw, and they called me a hypochondriac and told me sometimes we just feel pain and have to get on with life. Tried to make me do slow breathing exercises in the office while I was trying to describe my symptoms during a blinding migraine (which they know I have). I wasn't anxious, I was just in pain and trying to talk while she typed on the computer with her back to me. I apparently looked "too young and healthy looking to be having such problems". I was just too exhausted to keep questioning things or argue, and carried on with things as best as possible. I feel like I should have made more of a fuss.

I'm just trying to remain calm and wait my turn to be seen. The waiting is the hardest part. If I can at least know my heart is healthy enough to deal with these ectopics, then I can work out solutions.