Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive Saliva

Excessive Saliva

Yesterday I started having "producing" way too much saliva. Also I've noticed in the past couple of days that I have a wet patch around 4cm in diameter from drooling. The saliva is excessive as when I speak I have to stop frequently to swallow otherwise I would spit someone, and to prevent drooling I have to swallow every 10-15 seconds which is very annoying.

I don't want to connect it to bulbar ALS as it doesn't make much sense since I can pronounce words properly, I can eat normally. I don't know. Never had this thing before.

Re: Excessive Saliva

Still have way too much saliva. Makes it hard for me to hold lectures, as I am a teacher and I have to swallow all the time so I don't start spitting. Surprisingly, I don't droll why sleeping or while awake, just saliva starts accumulating fast and I have to swallow all the time.

Have you tried taking some antacids? I sometimes get this all day and it's so annoying, 'cause i have to swallow all the time! I typically attribute it to reflux, although antacids don't always help. I just have to wait for it to pass

Tried it, didn't help. My voice is normal though, I mean I record myself while doing lectures so that is good, but I feel my neck muscles hurt as I am probably straining a bit more while talking as I am conscious of it.

Excessive saliva is getting unbearable. I am definitely producing too much as I've checked with that saliva flow test and I am producing more than a double of normal so it's not the swallowing issue or me just feeling too much saliva but it's actually there. Today I am also feeling that it's mostly coming on the right side, so the salivary glands on that side produce too much. It might be this way for the past x days, but today I've actually noticed it.

I don't want to go to neurologist but I feel like I will break soon.

I've tried antacids, tried taking higher dose of clonazepam just to reduce anxiety, saliva still there, still like someone is pouring water in my mouth mostly on the right side, constantly. Still waking up with a wet patch on the pillow from drooling, but during the day, no drooling, just having to swallow all the time. It has been a month now since this thing started.

See your doctor if your truly concerned. 'Told Ya So' gang on standby

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This morning, just before waking up, I obviously opened the mouth in my sleep and a huge amount of saliva spilled on my pillow, like 1ml at least. I've realized that I am not slowly dribbling during the sleep, but my mouth is filling with saliva and when I open it spills away.
    And my mouth was completely dry in the morning and I wasn't producing excessive saliva but I still had that uncomfortable feeling of saliva in my mouth (just less of course), so I am starting to think that I have issues with swallowing saliva.

Could you get issues with saliva swallowing and not have issues with swallowing liquid, food or something else?

Reddit is pure evil. I've tried to find if people had similar saliva issues and actually found people asking questions can ALS present with saliva issues without seallowing and the answer was yes from everyone.
    The another horror story seeing a person who waited 4 years to receive diagnosis, then another person 3 years. I mean come on...

ALS doesn't cause excessive saliva! So you don't need to worry about that ... most of the time for us - anxiety people - it's psychosomatic, ... I'm here due to what I think is excessive saliva but I think Im just hyper aware of it which can you make you make more saliva!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information