Hi,

I really need some sort of reassurance!!!

I am so scared of the dentist I avoid going at all cost, since they started a root canal on me around 10 years ago! The dentist was really cold and was shouting at me for being afraid!! I couldn’t go back to complete the treatment which left sort of a hole in my tooth all this time, which has only ever caused me problems once 5 years ago, when I went back they were going to take it out and obviously I panicked again and didn’t go back!

Now 5 years later, I break this tooth as it’s fragile, and I’ve booked myself in the dentist to get it sorted, still not causing me any pain or anything as such!

But I keep reading about an infection spreading to the brain and causing sepsis! Is this a thing??? Would I know if this was happening to me? Would I know if I had an infection in my teeth? What if there are no symptoms? Cant sleep thinking I might be dying right now without realising!

I have to add aswell as dental phobia I am also a huge hypochondriac and frightened of every illness in the world, and think I have everything!

Please someone help!!!!!