Hi all

I've had the odd problem where when I've been eating I've gone to swallow and hesitated at the crucial moment! I've had a momentary panic thinking I'm going to choke and then after a few seconds could make myself swallow. It would happen now and then.

Two weeks a go it started happening every meal time, which I was finding very stressful and it was making me feel like I'd forgotten how to swallow naturally. When I did swallow it would feel like there was a tiny bit of food stuck, which would make me panic more and I'd be pacing up and down and clearing my throat.

I was also getting a lot of tightness, pressure and a choking sensation in my throat. Then I was burping a lot and getting a burning feeling in the back of my throat. Every time I ate I was having to take tiny bites and chew lots and then force the swallow, and then it just felt like it was stuck there.

I went to the doctors on Thursday and he thought it might be a combination of anxiety, globus and reflux and so prescribed me with 30 lansoprazole to take for 2 weeks. If it helps he'll assume its globus and if it doesn't I'll need an endoscopy.

The thing I'm most scared of is the difficulty swallowing. I'm desperate to eat and keep feeling so hungry, but the food feels like it's not going down and it takes me so long to eat end up losing my appetite 🙉 ive already lost 5lbs since the end of January.

Has anyone else experienced similar and do you have any good news stories. Did lansoprazole help?