Hello all, and so sorry to be back.

Almost 2 weeks ago I developed a really weird taste in my mouth, bitter , unpleasant, and the food did not taste normal. Then a few days after that, that taste became sort of sweet, but very unpleasant. I did , of course, the worst possible thing: Googled. To have a bitter or metallic taste in the mouth had various reasons, but sweetish taste is rare and one of the , albeit very rare symptom, of lung C ! Need I say what happened next? After I read that I could not get rid of the taste and started panicking , crying, anxiety through the roof. The most interesting thing is the reason for why everything tastes sweet in that worst case scenario is that something triggers a syndrome called SIADH , which is diagnosed primarily through the metabolic panel test, because it severely reduces sodium in blood. So I made an appointment with my long time doctor, explained to him what was happening and what I thought, and since he knows me, he said : OK, let's do the metabolic panel immediately. He , btw, also examined my mouth, felt my lymph nodes, and listened to my lungs, which he said sounded completely clear. Since I suffer from hay fever and US east coast is horrible for that, especially this spring, he said that is probably the cause for my symptoms.

The metabolic panel test came completely normal, and actually my Sodium was close to the upper limit, so opposite from what I dreaded. He emailed me saying that the results warrant no more testing.

However, now I feel like I have to cough often , and my chest feels tight. I know that symptom of sweet and otherwise altered taste in connection to lung C. is not my case, because of my blood test result, specifically normal sodium. But I still cannot calm down , and keep on hyper focusing on both the taste, and now this dry cough. The taste is not sweet all the time any longer, but now I am worried about cough and a weird feeling in my chest.

I believe my doctor would not just let me go if he was worried about anything, but , knowing myself, I will now relentlessly ruminate and suffer until I get lung scan - which I even do not know how to ask for. Any friendly piece of advice is highly appreciated and thank you so much for reading my long post. I wish I did not have to do this.