So I’m having a bad day. I’ve caught the bug that’s going round my hometown and I feel pretty rotten. My throat hurts (is a bit better now) and I feel warm but my in ear temp is around 37.
I’m scared I have sepsis as I am also being treated for an ongoing infected cyst which is much better than it was with no hotness or redness and has shrunk in size.
The reason I am worried I have sepsis is that I have some petechia on my arms and legs- I’ve had them on and off for a while- and I’m terrified that I’m seriously ill. My pulse was quite high earlier 120bpm but is now sitting around 90. My blood pressure is 140/80 which may be be side I’m so stressed.
My mum passed away 2 1/2 years ago from sepsis and I am very scared of this now. I also have 2 friends who have lost parents to sepsis and I’m scared this is happening to me too. I know that logically my temperature heart rate and bp as well as the fact that I’m passing water a lot due to staying hydrated indicates not but the bloodspots have really got to me.
I need to bounce this around before I really start freaking out!