Hi Everyone, It has been a while since I posted on here but I hope everyone is doing ok.

I went for my first mammogram last week. I was asked by the nurse if I had any problems and I told her I had a lump in my right breast that I first noticed during the 2nd UK lockdown. I did not get a GP appointment as it is just so hard to be actually seen by my GP and my depression was raging at the time, plus I have a history of breast cysts so I probably just brushed it off and kept checking it - I'm an ex-nurse and should have known better. The lump comes and goes and rises and falls depending on my menstrual cycle, but is always there. I knew my first mammogram would happen soon as I turned 50 during the pandemic, so I stupidly sat on it. My Mum has also had several breast cysts aspirated.

I told the nurse about the lump and my history of multiple microcysts in my breasts. She told me I should expect to be called back because of the lump.

So today I get a letter from Charing Cross Hospital. As soon as I saw the postal stamp with Charing Cross on the letter, I went into meltdown. Opened the letter and they want me to come on 2nd May for further tests - mammogram, ultrasound, possible biopsy. On reading this I almost passed out and felt the blood draining to my feet.

I can't stop crying. My logical brain is saying 'you expected this' but my anxious brain is saying it's serious.

I am not sure why I am posting as I know I just have to wait and see, but I am absolutey petrified and chastising myself for leaving the lump so long.

Any advice, past experiences would be deeply appreciated. xx