Quote Originally Posted by Rosanna View Post
Totally understand where you're at debs71, but the good thing is that you are doing this. The problem comes when you don't get tested.

Just to give you my story, a few years ago I was told I had breast cancer and they ended up (later) telling me it was benign, just a rare benign growth that was unlikely to ever be a problem but gives the same appearance as cancer on the scan. It was an incredibly scary time although I had no wait, they told me on the day. The wait was only to find out what type, but in the process of them trying to do that they found it to be benign.

This is unlikely to be the case with you of course as it was very rare. But telling you this just to help. Even when they are convinced, and this really experienced surgeon was, it can still be benign. As my GP said right at the start, 'lets wait and see what this actually is before jumping to conclusions.' He explained that some breast cancers are almost benign in their behaviour, different types, so breathe and wait.

And of course most things turn out to be benign. I wish you well but totally understand the path you're on right now, it does have a route out, just hang in there x
Thanks so much for your reply, Rosanna.

It really does help to read your experience as it is the not knowing that is killing me right now, so any positive story is helpful x