Thread: Lump in vagina?

Lump in vagina?

I got myself into a panic yesterday when I thought I felt something near the entrance of my vagina when I went to the bathroom.
    I checked several times after this but every time I checked, I went in a bit further until I had my finger inserted (sorry if tmi). I felt something far inside, a lump or something, but it didn't seem to be in the vagina, more like through the wall of it.
    Is it possible to feel our stool through the vaginal wall? And if so could it kind of feel like a lump/bump?

Re: Lump in vagina?

Could easily be stool, yes.

Get it checked just to put your mind at ease.

Thank you both for your replies. I've been trying to tell myself all weekend that's it's probably just stool, and trying to put it out of my head but easier said than done.
    I decided to check again a while ago and think I can still feel something there but I don't think it feels quite the same as a few days ago. Doesn't feel as large as it did and I can't be sure if it's in the exact same position. Which would suggest it's possibly stool?
    I did have a colonoscopy about 3 years ago and got the all clear with that. And as far as I'm aware, colonoscopys are good for about 10 years if you get the all clear in them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Hi,

Is it just inside the opening of the vagina? If so, it could be a Bartholin's Cyst. They are nothing to worry about and are just a blocked gland. Sometimes they can get quite big and need to be drained like cysts do. I had one years ago and it ruptured by itself, but I had already been given a course of antibiotics to cover any infection. Mine too showed up as a lump just at the entrance of my vagina.

Just thought I would put that out there as a possibility! xx

Hi Debs, thanks for that but it's definitely not a bartholin's cyst. It's much further into the vagina that I can feel it. I actually had one of them years ago. Completely freaked out of course when I felt it, ran to the doctor in tears and she told me what it was. Mine went away on it's own but it did take it some time, I think maybe a few months if I remember correctly. But I didn't mind as long as I knew what it was and that it was harmless.

Thread Information