Thread: Spiralling over OVARIAN CANCER!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spiralling over OVARIAN CANCER!

Hello everyone, first time poster here. I feel so lucky (for once) to have found a place where I don’t feel so alone or “crazy”.

Long time HA sufferer. So far I have had a brain tumour, skin cancer, a terminal heart problem, cervical cancer and now ovarian cancer. To say I am drained is an understatement.

I’m 30, 3 children and for the last 2 weeks I have had frequent urination and constant period like pains. Also had a slight pink tinge when wiping after sex two or 3 times. Of course my brain goes straight to C and I run to Google to further convince myself this is the case.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she tested my urine for a UTI - all clear. She also performed a pelvic examine to check my cervix and said it looked fine. She has ordered CA125 and celiac bloods to be taken and also referred for a scan on my kidneys and ovaries as I have also had some right sided back pain on and off.

Totally freaking out and thinking the worst, of course. I hate living like this. I hate always having something to worry and obsess about. I just want to be “normal” and healthy. I won’t be able to relax until I have been given the all clear and as she wasn’t too worried, it could be weeks so instead I find myself online all day, everyday reading stories from other people experiencing the same problems to try and ease my anxiety.

No bloating or feeling full etc. Grandma died at 58 from ovarian cancer and my aunt also had breast cancer which just further heightens my anxiety.

I am so tired of this.

Re: Spiralling over OVARIAN CANCER!

Hey there, welcome to nmp. It's definitely a place where you won't feel alone or "crazy" as you said.

I've been where you are regarding ovarian/cervical/uterine cancer so many times. Cramping, periods out of whack, irregular bleeding, spotting in between and loads of more symptoms. And the worst I've been diagnosed with so far has been a few polyps and an ovarian cyst. It's totally understandable why you're getting stressed about it, it's what we do when we have anxiety. But I would say there isn't a single woman who hasn't had some sort of issues in that department.

For now you've done what you can do. You've been to the doctor, she did some tests and has more booked for you. The waiting game is hard, I get that, but the one piece of advice I'll give you now is to STOP GOOGLING. Nothing good ever comes of it. I don't do it myself anymore because of the damage it did to me but I spent years doing it. Always hoping for that bit of reassurance. But google always told me the worst case scenarios. And makes it sound like there are no other possibilities.
    Every time that voice in your head says what if it's cancer, answer it back and say what if it's not. What if it's one of the thousand other things it could be.
    Sending you hugs because I know how crippling health anxiety is. It will always make us think the worst and block out everything else.

Just wondering, have you any idea how long you'll be waiting for the scan?

Thanks so much for your reply 🫶

It really is such a difficult headspace to occupy, isn’t it? I am aware a lot of my symptoms could be down to anxiety, which then leads me to worry even more because stress can cause cancer. It’s a vicious cycle!

I just had a look at some of your started threads and could have written a lot of them myself! My HA also extends on to my children and every cough or cold sends me in to instant panic. I wish there was a way out for us all so we could live normally 😔

Did you receive any treatment for your cysts etc or have they left them? Really hoping for the same outcome but I already know that in my mind, if they aren’t removed and keep causing pain and issues, i’ll just keep going back to it being OC! 😒

Definitely staying away from Google from now on despite my brain telling me to use it 4000 times a day.

GP didn’t seem too worried about my symptoms so i’m not going to bet on my scans being until next month if i’m lucky!

Sending hugs

I’m having the same fears as you right now.
    I’ve had a heavy feeling lower left abdomen along with this constant annoying pulsating,
    Twinging sensation.
    Dr referred for a scan 2 weeks ago and they called me yesterday to arrange a date. They did offer me an appointment today but I’m too scared to go alone and my husband is away working so I’m not going until Friday when he is back. I feel silly now and should have just gone today to ease my mind.
    I know I have had a large cyst in the past (which was found by Chance, as I didn’t actually have any symptoms)
    Hopefully you shouldn’t be waiting more than a couple of weeks for your scan. Let’s hope we are both worrying about nothing

Thread Information