Hi all, ive known about this site for some time but never become a member as i dont want the tag of being weak (not saying you all are) but i think my time has come to give in and just simply ask is there anyone that feels the way i do?????????? if so please let me know.

background:....................................... .............

6 yrs ago i was sat in a pub when BANG!! some unknown invisible thing hit me from every angle leaving me terrified. i ran home in tears and hid myself away , praying id fall asleep until morning when everything would be okay again! I EVENTUALLY DID AND IT WAS.

The next day i awoke and laughed at myself when brushing my teeth at my reflection in the mirror, how could i have got so worked up over nothing? stupid boy! off to work i went then at midday just like the small hand of the clock ticking the alarm sounded again. id heard this before....BANG!!
it was happening again.........oh no, all i remember thinking was "i dont want to die"

The ambulance was called and i was terrified, after tests at the hospital i went home, there was nothing wrong they said. i knew there was.

over the next few weeks it was happening most days it didnt matter where i hid or where i was BANG! BANG! BANG! this thing found me and hit.

to cut a long story short over the next year i had all sorts of tests etc until being diagnosed with panic disorder - Health anxiety.

to this day im petrified of dying, everyday i have a battle with my thoughts negative against postive, some days the positive win but when the negative do i know ill be in trouble cos it'll hit and whirl me into panic.

does any1 have this immense feeling of doom, like there dying??? if so can anyone tell me there story and who knows maybe we can help each other??? i just need to know im not alone.

thank you - please help

Mike