Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dysphagia

Re: Dysphagia

not heard about the thyroid scan? can you explain a bit about that and what it does etc?

to update my thread, i am booked to have my 2nd manometry in the next few weeks.
    i first had this done 23 years ago and the hospital LOST my results so i never knew what might have been found so having this test now using much more advanced equipment is quite reassuring. this will test my acid levels, acid reflux up into the gullet, the esophagus peristalsis movements and muscle strength and also the upper and lower sphcinter muscles over a 24 hour period. sounds pretty comprehensive.

i will report back on here when the hospital have sent me home fitted with my new toy! i'll also report back after I know the results. i truly hope this time they find something thats affecting my enjoyment and ability to swallow normal mouthfuls of solid food. Maybe the lower sphcinter is not closing properly behind each mouthful swallowed casuing a food "backlog"?

we'll have to wait and see but i view this as progress....

if this proves normal i'll be pushing to have the barium tablet test.

Re: Dysphagia

Hi,
    OMG I so know about this but getting my GP to believe its anything other than acid reflux is frustrating me. Mine started with a globus sensation in my throat about a year ago and at times I felt my throat would close,I had a scope done and this was normal. Then at the beginning of this year I started with swallowing issues felt like food was getting stuck and couldnt swallow properly. Its been bad this week and I have to swallow liquid with all mouthfuls to get it down. I already take Omeprazole every day for acid reflux so its not helping. Its starting to stress me now, Im alreadyon citalopram for anxiety but its not making any difference to the swallowing issue. I too have had a thyroid scan which showed thryroid cysts. I have a docs appt soon and Im going to bring it up-this cant be right-can all this be caused by anxiety ?? thoughts anyone. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information