Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Missed heartbeats!

Yes thats what scares me they will come back with full force piglet!
    I seem to get them around time of the month,i expect thats because im more anxious.What about you chaps?xx

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to mine - they come, they go, I get scared, I accept them and so it goes on

All part and parcel for the course I think - being able to come on here for reassurance sure does help alot though doesn't it.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Yes its great for reassurance piglet,thankgod for the forumxxx

Hello all,

My hearts pounding as i type this. I get these extra beats too it seems. I started to feel stressed and not my usual happy self about 3 years ago and about 2 years ago one evening my girlfriend was laying on my chest and i felt that sensation which i'm sure you all are familiar with. I prompty s**t myself. I've been getting them on and off ever since. Up until then i could cope with anything but since i've struggling a bit. Wether thats because of the stress brought on by these little heart orientated events or because of other things i don't know anymore. I'm finding that the more i worry myself over them the worse they get and the worse they get the more they happen. Vicous circle. When i have these sessions of irregular heart rhythms initially i get worried and panic and get that feeling of fear in my stomach but eventually i get control of the situation and pay no attention to them and they eventually stop but usually it starts again 2 - 3 months later and i'm back to square one again and have to do it all over again. This week has been particulary bad mostly due to the hot weather i think and my stressful job. Everytime i get it and i have to rebuild my resistance to the fear i eventually go on the net and read up on it. Seeing it officially being called not dangerous in the slightest helps no end and even better than that is coming onto one of these forums and hearing from other people in the same situation going through the same thing helps the most so here i am again doing that to try (and i will) help myself. I always assumed that i was a strong person impervious to the daily stresses of life but i guess not and this does serve as a wake up call that tells me i need to take care of myself and try not to do too much that can cause stress and anxiety which brings on the extra beats and palpitations which then brings on the anxiety and stress which brings on more palpit. . . . . you know the score. Sorry for rambling on but i needed to tell someone and who better than others like myself!
    Gavin

Hi Gavin,

This post is my original post that I joined the site with over a year ago and it makes me smile to see it still poppin up from time to time.

Just goes to show a lot of us have the same experience - even in May this year I was having them again but I have to say they have gone again for now and I havent had them for weeks.

I think I am beginning to see this as a pattern now so when they do come my level of terror is getting more managable and I dont feel the need to run to the doctors everytime.

I am sure if you stick around you will see this topic come up time and time again and eventually your level of 'terror' will drop to managable terror too.

Love Piglet xx

Well mine are back and i had the heart monitor two weeks befor they came back!Bit cross about that.They still scare me no matter how many i get.
    I find i get more when im bending down to do something all relaxingxxxx

Hi, I love this site!! Only found it today and it has really helped me!! I get the heart flutters and had an ECG today whilst having pains etc, it all showed up okay. When will I belive them!!! When I have my sensible hat on I do belive that all is okay, but I keep knocking that hat off!!!! Sarah x

A big welcome to you Sarah!!

Piglet x

Thanks piglet!! I it really nice to know that I am not alone with my funny thoughts!!! [8D]

Thanks for the welcome people! I must say i feel so much better since reading and posting on here. Just hearing that lots of other people go thru the same thing and get the same answers from their doctors, that being "you're fine and you've not got any heart problems!" helps boost confidence no end! Thankyou again!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information