Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lump in neck

lump in neck

hi new to this but desp need some advice
    I have this lumpon my neck about an inch behind my neck . Has been there for about 6 months and still hasn't gone down. I am really worried about have been to see the GP and was told nothing to worry about. I have been diagnosed as anaemic and given tablets don;t know if this has anythign to do with the lump but its all doing my head in. I felt it earlier and it does feel bigger but then it doesn;t help that I am constantly playing with it!
    Any help/advice greatly apprec!
    Many thanks

Re: lump in neck

Hi,

When did you see the GP, was it 6 months ago or in the last week?

You could go back for a second opinion if it's on your mind, then if it is still nothing to worry about, then just forget it's there...!

Red

went to see the GP when I first found it , then went back about 2 months after that to see another GP and was told not to worry some people are just lumpy. I did have a Full Blood Count and that was fine except the anaemia which got sorted . (Went to give blood earlier on this week and was told I couldn't so that is obviously back) I haven't mentioned it to her since and she hasn't brought it up when I have been bak there for other stuff and feel like I am going on a bit if I do bring it up. Just really worried that it could be something and I have done the worst thing and googled it!
    thank u for your reply

How big is it?

What did the doctor say that they thought it was? It could be a lymph node, which you have in various locations around your neck. Sometimes a node becomes permanently swollen. It's quite common and nothing to worry about. I've got one under my ear that has been like that for years. If the doc has given it the all-clear I think you can relax.

No bigger than a pea. It is now slightly larger than it orignally was but I am sure poking it all the time doesn't help!

LeeBee is bang on there, I have had lots of lymph nodes around my neck in the past.

Red

thank you so much that has made me feel better! I just panic a bit with stuff like this . I keep saying to myself it has prob been there for ages and I just happened to stumble upon it. I just wish I had never b****y found it! They did say it was a swollen lymph node but I just thought it would go down . Thank you again

I had this after a virus- was convinced it was sinister- turned out to be an enlarged gland in my neck lasted about 6 weeks then disappered.

If it's about pea size and scoots about under your finger it is a lymph node. There are loads of them all round your neck and throat. Sometimes they pop out if you are sick or run down. Sometimes they subside again or, like me, they stay out. I have several on both sides of my neck and in my collarbone that you can feel.

If it's lymphoma you are worried about then that would feel craggy, like a bag of broken marbles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information