Thread: Tingling on my face and head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks everyone for replying..............It has made me feel loads better.

Does anyone actually know why anxiety causes you face and scalp to tingle ??

I would really like to understand it more.

Sal x

Re: Tingling on my face and head

Hi Sal

I too get these tingling feelings and pins and needles as well as numbness in my legs and wrists. A few years ago a very clever dr diagnosed it as anxiety and not a serious illness as I had thought it might be. It is due to overbreathing, which you tend to do when anxious. When you overbreathe you breathe in more than you breathe out and CO2 builds up in your bloodstream - this 'overdose' of CO2 causes the symptoms you describe. The way to cure it is to find a way to stop being so anxious and also to calm your breathing. I believe there are breathing excercise you can do and I'm going to look into these. Try to breathe out at least as much as you breathe in!

Good luck! x

I have these symptoms to, my face (cheeks, scalp, nose, ears and lips) all at different or even the same time. I thought it was a build up to a stroke or worse (if there is anything worse). It's relentless at times and I have no idea what to do. Doctor? I've been so often I feel like a hyprocondriact at times so I don't go.

I don't know of anything that is worrying me really, bills, money, work maybe? Anyway I'd like to thank you all for putting my mind at ease!!

Hi, i have never used one of these forums before but often read them and somtimes take some comfort in knowing im not alone. ive suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for around 2 years and have been taking propranalol for about 6months. i seem to go through faises where sometimes im in control of my anxiety and other times, like now, my axiety is taking over an ruining mylife. my latest symptom isa tingling sensation in my head and face, like others have said, its afrightning feeling, and me being the way i am automatically feer the worse. that my main problem i always think something terribly wrong with me and that i am going to die! i go to the doctors ofen but feel like they dontlisten or understand how this affects my ife! my fance is suportive but doesnt understand. so joining this forum is me trying to stry something new! its nice to know that i am not alone.xx

Thread Information