Thread: Hi I'm a new member and I want my life back!

Hi I'm a new member and I want my life back!

Hi, My brother died in a car accident 3 years ago, I think this is where my anxiety has stemmed from. I feel like I am turning into a crazy hypochondriac. I am forever thinking there is something wrong with me. I suffered my first panic attack about a 15 months ago now it was the most frightening thing I have ever experienced, I had quite a few on subsequent occasions after this, I went to the doctors and also in a state of panic I called NHS Direct. My doctor said that she thinks I had a panic attack and gave me some paperwork and advise of how to deal with them which I think to some extent I have, well I obviously have as touch wood I have not had a full blown attack for months, however sometimes I feel as if I am going to have one but I try to talk myself out of it as I know its in my head why I'm getting them! Anyway I now have bigger issues, I can't remember the exact timings but I always seem to think something is wrong I was getting bad headaches a while back so went to the doctors. The most recent I have is a swollen gland in my neck which has been there since May, I went to the doctors and they have given me blood tests which have all come back clear, I just wish it would go and not knowing what it is is driving me crazy. I am convinced I have throat cancer or something awful, I just can't get it out of my head I know I sound mad but its taking over my life. The only reason I can think that I have started to be like this is because my brother died and I somehow think I am going to die too.
    If anyone has any advice/help I would much appreciate it.
    Dee

Re: Hi I'm a new member and I want my life back!

hi

i suffer from health anxiety too and mine seems to have started since i lost my grandma the most important person in my life last october it is awful thing to suffer from if you ever want to chat pm me.

There is really nothing wrong with you, that's the key here. Even if there was, medicine has come a longgggg wayy since leeches sucking people's blood, lol. You'd be in good hands.

You're gonna be ok. Tomorrow is a new day and you must wake up and tell yourself "I'm healthy!", because you are!

Im so sorry to hear about the loss of a close family member..it must of been so hard...i too suffer from panic attacks and i constantly worry about ny health too hun...things do get better..pm me if u ever need a chat!xx

i have this too where i constantly feel that something really bad is goin to happen to me,but i feel that the more i worry about apart of my body the sorse the symptoms are im sure loads on here agree,

its scary rite now but i promise u its does get easier im proff of tht take care xxxxxxx caz xxxxxx

Thread Information