Thread: Please help, convinced I have MS

Unhappy Please help, convinced I have MS

I am a total wreck today, on the verge of a panic attack...trying to get through my work but I just want to hide away and stop feeling like this.

For the past few days my left leg has been feeling weak, with twitches and stiff muscles, and now my left arm feels weak. I've had awful dizziness too and am convinced I have MS. I know it's bad but I've been googling like crazy and all my symptoms match

I know that if I have it, I have it, life goes on and I will have to learn to cope. Just not sure I could cope. I already live with one life-long condition (I have thyroid disease), which causes enough grief, I don't think I could handle another one.

I know anxiety can cause weakness and twitching but these cam on when I was feeling quite relaxed and happy. Please help me, I'm going to pieces

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

Re: Please help, convinced I have MS

I use to get really weird legs I called them jelly legs. These legs seemed to have a mind of their own where they went I followed. Then I found out that it was something you could get during the peri-menopause.

I have found other people I know who have had jelly legs also. Do you think this could be the reason?

Hi Trixie,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if my leg weakness is similar to your jelly legs...it doesn't sound quite the same. It's hard to describe. Also the muscle twitches I've been having have been happening all over my body, some are small and some make my foot or finger actually jerk.

It seems to be worse because I'm tired today...but that doesn't reassure me because tiredness is a major symptom of MS. So I'm back to where I started.

I am really hoping that after a good night's sleep I will feel better. Fingers crossed!

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

BlackStar,

I think what you need to understand is that whilst MS has a range of symptoms associated with it, it presents (i.e. develops) in a set number of ways.

Tiredness is a symptom of MS, but rarely at an early stage. The same, I believe, goes for muscle twitches.

Remember that just because a "symptom" is listed on a website is not indicative of the way in which something like MS develops.

There are plenty of other far, far more common causes of twitching than MS - one of them, ironically, being tiredness.

Take it easy,

Atmo

hi OP could your twitching be due to your thyroid problem. i saw this cos i have an overactive thyroid and have tremor in my hands because of it.

all the best - try not to worry too much im sure it will get sorted

Thread Information