Thread: hypoglycaemia

hypoglycaemia

ok i was looking on the web to distract myself today for foods to help my anxiety. i know i dont eat properly really ya know 2 bag of crisps rather than 1 blahblah anyways i came across a site called "health4you"
    and the read about anxiety was facinating . all the symptoms for hypoglycaemia are symptoms too same as anxiety. i have for such a long time crave sugar, infact i ate a jar of nutella a couple of days ago, loads of things like that. im always hungry too. i know depression can do this but the symptoms are the same to mine. i have fainted too and had a convulsion my doctor said it was maybe the betablockers i was taking. i dont know, what do you think???????

Read these previous posts ....

Hypogly Hypoglycemia

GI: Gi Diet

There are loads more as well - use the search facility (under The rabble) at top of screen.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Kimmy,

Try the GI diet for 3 weeks . If you are sugar sensitive or insulin resistant you will feel much better.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

NO MORE PANIC!!! i cant believe what i have just read! i called my doctor earlier and hes back next week. when i had my convulsion i asked my doctor what it was and he just said "i dont know", ive never had a blood test at all! i will go and see him next week. if it is anxiety then no loss but if it is that big h word. then i dunno.

Kimmy - what H word ? Hypoglycaemia ? If it is this, it is very easily solved.

Its unlikely to be conclusively diagnosed by a blood test , but if you've really never had a blood test then a thyroid screen wouldn't go amiss as a one off.

Betablockers don't cause convulsions but if you're on too much and your blood pressure dropped too quickly it is possible to faint from their effect.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Kimmy, maybe go see your doc again and tell him, what your concerns are?

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Thread Information