This has to be something serious. I've been given 3 neurological exams over the past 2 months and they say they can't find anything wrong with me (headaches, unreality, fatigue, jaw problems etc).

My left leg has been acting up for about 2 months now. It started with me drifting to the left when walking. This lasted a few weeks and then dissapeared. I was left with a leg that felt a bit 'off'.

Fast forward to now and both my left leg and left arm are acting strange. My left leg feels weaker and heavier than the right. For example, I was carrying my girlfriend from the couch to the bed after she had fallen asleep and my left knee threatened to buckle with every step.

Almost every night I wake up and the little and ring finger on my left hand, plus the edge of that hand are completely numb, and come back to life with a wiggle. It happens with my right hand too, although far less frequent. I (used to) play a lot of guitar, but I can't do things I used to do 5 years ago anymore - it takes time for the two fingers to 'get back to normal' after the nerves have been disrupted - but as this happens most nights, they never recover. I hold my left hand in front of me now and the little and ring fingers have a life of their own.

When I'm lying in bed at night these days, my left arm and/or my left leg do something that feels like a cross between an ache, a shiver and a tingle. Its similar to the feeling you get in your limbs when you're lying in bed after a perticularly activity filed day. Only its limited to my left side.

I'm a fairly fit 24 year old man. Yet I woke up today and every muscle in my left arm and every muscle in my left leg aches when I tense/stretch them. The frightening (and only) conclusion I can draw from this is that the muscles on the left side of my body are getting weaker. So they ache much more easily -like they do today.

I've accepted the diagnosis of 'anxiety' for about 2 1/2 months now. I am very anxious, there is no doubt. But with the advent/continuation of these latest symptoms, I feel trapped. There's no other conclusion I can draw appart from the worst possible one. And I hate it.

Can anyone offer me a ray of light?