Thread: could this be my problem?

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member

could this be my problem?

I've been reading alot of these posts and it's got me thinking about something that happend to me this year which would make alot of sense to why I am feeling like this all of a sudden.

Just before christmas I took ill and went to the doctor where I found out that I wasn't ill at all, I was pregnant AGAIN! I went into total shock, I was on the pill and all ready have 3 toddlers, which were hard enough. I talked things over with my partner and we decided to keep it, then I just started to think about how hard I was finding things (being selfish) and how was I going to cope so I then decided to have a termination!(of which I still have doubts if I made the right decision)! I was in hospital on the 10th Jan for the termination and a week later there was complications I started to pass too much blood and was rushed to hospital. They performed a minor procedure and told me I was fine to go home. A week after that the same problem came back but this time it was really bad. When I got to hospital I need 5 emergency blood transfusions and an emergency operation! During the operation I hemeridged and nearly died as my HG (Hemagloban-think thats how it's spelt-blood count) went down to 4! This really frightend me, all I remember is looking down at my hands and them being yellow and being so cold that my body trembled! I asked one of the nurses if I was dying and she said that when you loose as much blood as I did your body prioritises and pumps it to all your major organs.

When I think back to this, even now I feel like I was being punished for killing a life. I have never believed in terminations but there I was selfish enough to go through with it! Was it worth risking my own life for the sake of not having another to look after?! What would my kids of done without me if I hadn't of made it!

Anyways sorry for such a long post, just wondering if this could in anyway be part of why I have started feeling this way.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Hi Claire

This could well be when your anxiety set in.

You have not punished yourself and you do not need to blame yourself.

I don't agree with abortion and feel that if you don't take precaution then what more would you expect.

You were taking precautions Claire so yours was one in 99.999 whatever percent.

I too have three young kids and to be honest I don't think I would be able to cope with another.

Have you thought about councelling?

REMEMBER even though abortion is a contraversial issue, each one is entitled to their own oppinion, but I think that as said you were taken the necessary precaution to avoid this pregnancy happening. You were one of the unlucky ones.

Love

MANDIE XX

Claire ,

As Mandie says you may benefit from talking this through with someone and get it out rather than harbouring all these worries

Firstky - This was not a punishment . Things happen medically and everyone responds differently to trauma.

Yes, having a haemaglobin of 4 was extremely low and the nurse was right, that whats left does get sent to the vital organs so extremeties do get left out a bit.

You did have a large haemorrhage but you're ok now and came through it well and are here to take care of yourself and your family..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    I was at the doctors today and asked her about PTSD and she said that this more than likely the case. I have been put forward for CBT and been told to stay on my citalopram 20mg for another little while to see how that goes.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Thread Information