Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange feeling in one lung

Strange feeling in one lung

Please help me, I feel so scared and desperate,I have had a strange feeling that one of my lungs isn't working properly.It feels as if I am choking/suffocating,the feelings are with me most of the day and I wake at night coughing and still choking and then I get up and run around like a plonker for ages, splashing myself with cold water and other silly things to try and feel normal.I had an x ray last week and was told that every thing was normal! I had a trace put on my heart and that normal.But this horrid feeling is still with me,there's no pain at all,but the lung is wheezy, although I am told I don't have asthma.The right lung seems to wheeze more the more anxious I am.I have tried an inhaler but it doesn't work on me,I think the hospital could have missed something. whatever it is it feels like it really is only on my right lung, has anyone else had a "one sided" thing?I think it would be less scary if it was all over my chest,can my brain really play such rubbish tricks?Thankyou for your help in this
    Annie

a cheetham

Hi Annie

Sounds like you are just not breathing properly at the moment to me. I had this too - see my previous post here .....

Reverse panic

If you are really worried then you could go back to the doctors but if they x-rayed it last week then it has to be ok.

What inhaler do you have and did the doc give it to you?

Please can I also ask that in the future you add to previous posts that you made as you did a similar one yesterday. It helps to keep a story going and keeps all the posts and replies together - thanks.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Try reading through these :

Cant get any air in
    general anxiety
    Feeling Awful Today
    Breathlessness
    Breathing!!
    Everyone please read this!!!!! ( breathing weird )

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi Annie,

I have felt this way before as well. Yes, anxiety can do this to you so please don't think it's anything serious..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

hi annie,
    i felt once that my lung had swollen and when i breath was pushing through my rib cage, i got it seen to and there was nothing wrong it was just in my head basicly, i also get shooting pains up one side of my face and head which my doc has told me is also because of anxiety. so you have nothing to worry about.x.

dmcgovern

Thankyou for your kind words all of you.
    Really not sure how to use this site properly yet, so forgive my scattyness.
    The inhaler I have taken is the ventolin one,unbelievably my GP suggested it may relieve my wheezy chest even though I don't apparantly have asthma! I assume when I'm really uptight my muscles in the lung area tighten and make me wheeze but it's not nessesarily asthma? does any one know?

a cheetham

Don't worry about the posting - no big issue just wanted to mention it so we can keep your posts together.

Perhaps he thinks this is a short term thing and will clear up soon so the inhaler is a temporary measure to try and clear it up more quickly.

My breathing problems went away once I accepted it was just anxiety and did some correct breathing.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I guess the inhaler will be for you to use to see how it helps you with your problems at the moment.

Have they suggested any breathing exercises or have you tried some?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Really struggling tonight, really don't know why my mind can do this to one lung and not for example to my little toe, I wouldn't give that a second thought!
    Is it possible to get well even if things don't change in your life,(still in love with the wrong man,still married to the other one etc)I'm failing on the hippy front(yoga, massages) and may take the anti anxiety drug cos this lung thing is sacring me massively.
    I just ran around the garden and danced a bit crazily to some rubbish the kids have on,obviously still breathing,how crazy am I?
    .Sorry to share this but it feels nice to know that I'm not alone.
    love Annie

a cheetham

Annie

You are not alone and i can totally understand if you arent happy with your life how it can effect your life. But it will all get better and we all will help you as much as we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information