Thanks to Cutebear, Shoegal, london, Keeway and amandaj for responding.

As Cutebear suggested I could ask my GP to back a home visit on the condition that no medical equipment turns up with the doctor - although I wouldn't sleep for days, won't eat properly and I will get more migraines, than usual I think that genuine suffererers of mental illness go through much more of an ordeal with these Atos medicals than most people suffering from a physical ailment. ( Every case is different of course. I mean no disrespect to people who have physical problems. )

I resent that the examination is effectively an assault - even if they are question and answer sessions - but the anxiety and suffering they cause genuine neurotics is obscene. I can understand that the government has to have in place a system of checks - but if it is dicovered that the person is not shamming - and they have caused suffering, then they should compensate. Not that money helps much, or that will ever happen!

I have also read horror stories on forums where Atos examiners have fabricated answers, humiliated patients and been aggressive and arrogant. So there is also a possibility that a doctor causes a person suffering and even then that person is unjustly passed fit to work, causing even more stress and anguish.

I am scared that with a home visit I might get a bully - who wants to test my medical phobia - and turns up with paraphenalia - just to see how I react. I have a feeling they want to throw me to the wolves whatever I do. A victim of Government targets. I guess I am in a no win situation.