Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do things get worse before they get better?

Do things get worse before they get better?

I have been going in to the shops now for a couple of months without having a panic attack,until last week when I had a major panic attack and had to leave the shop.[:I]
    Now, since then, I have not gone into the shop because I am so scared of another panic attack occuring.
    I thought I was doing do well and now I feel that I am going backwards again. I really want to overcome this and I know that the only way to do it is to go into these places whether I am in a major panic or not but I fear the panic so much that as I am walking up to the shop I am thinking of nothing but but anxiety and panic. Maybe thinking so negative is bringing the anxiety on so severe...
    Do things get worse before they get better?

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Chuckle

Its a blip.. thats all.

The road to recovery is not straight or flat or even paved sometimes.

You can have weeks of doing well and one day its just tooo hard so be kind to yourself, take it easy and go for stability again the next day.

Also don't push too hard every day. If you're PMT don't even attempt to do the whole 9 yards..

Maybe just go halfway for the next few days and build back up. This is not a disaster and you are not reverting back to square 1.

I just give up!

Feeling back at square one

I just give up!

Feeling back at square one

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Meg and thank you for your reply.
    I have tried to go another way to the shop to try to avoid a man in a electric scooter because I keep getting weird thoughts that I will beat him up! Stupid really because I am not that kind of person.

Will these thoughts settle down too?

Sorry for all the questions.[:I]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Yes Chuckle , they will settle.

Maybe challenge those thoughts totally by stopping to say 'hello' to him just for a moment.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Chuckle Hun

I can totally understand how you are feeling as the same thing has happened to me.

I hadnt had a panic attack since August then last week I went to the school to pick children up, whilst standing there it came on so sudden i didnt realise at first what was going on.

Since then I have got very worked up just before going up the school and am now leaving so I get there just as they are coming out so i dont have to wait. If i could possibly get out of going i would but i know i have to go or they dont get picked up.

Think of it in another way as my counsellor told me " you have come so far forward and gone one step back so what, people who diet are good for days then they have that little sweet or cake, a person packing up smoking may have that little puff. In other words eat that sweet or cake then carry on dont think you have blown it." I sat and thought about this and now i am trying not to let that step back go furthur back i am gonna step forward again.

So chin up chuckle and keep trying to go to the shop one day you will make it in that shop again.

Good luck hun

Kazo xxxxxx

Hi Meg, Thank you for your advice, I will try to talk to him. I have noticed that by the time the man is really quite close to me the thoughts have gone again but then I am left with complete anxiety about why I had thoughts in the first place!

Hi Kazo xxx
    Not spoken to you in a while hun!
    I have never thought of looking at things the way you put it.
    Thank you for your supprt hun
    Love
    Chuck
    xxx

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Hi toot hun,

How's it going this week?

Love Pig

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

I know how you feal, but it will get better. I know this cos my first panic
    attack was back in 1987. I got phobias the same as yours and in time
    overcame them. I became panic free,but I had set backs too. I'm no expert but I think if you keep trying you wear it down. My panic returned
    5 weeks ago I know why and I will beat it again. I'm no stronger than you. Ithink that if you want to beat it hard enough you will. hope you
    feel better soon

colin new to site not to panic!

Hi Piglet and thankyou for your reply. I am even worse than this week. I have not been in the shop since t happened and am scared incase I never go back in there now. What a 'toot' eh???

Hi Colin and thank you so much for your reply. I am really sorry that your panics have returned again but like you say, you will overcome them again. I wish you all the very best in getting better.
    Good luck!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

All I can say is keep hanging in there you will beat it its a blip

Keitharcher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information