Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sugar addiction and our moods.

sugar addiction and our moods.

I am very interested in this subject due to me having bad panics when eating sugar and feeling better when avoiding sugar.

I have just found this site which is very interesting;

www.healthyplace .com/communities/deppression/site/transcripts/food_mood.asp

then I read this site which is by the same doctor;
    www.radientrecovery.com/affiliate.html

mirryx

just to help that first link that doesnt' connect

http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit.../food_mood.asp

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Hypoglycemia
    Gi Diet

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hello mirry,
    When I first started suffering with panic/anxiety, I always connected the symptoms with feeling hungry ( particulary the shakes). The first thing I would do, was grad for a chocolate bar and sure enough, not long after I'd get a humdinger of a panic attack. Its very important to stabalise your blood sugar levels to avoid the confusion. Chocolate is fattening anyway!
    Hope this helps,
    love Fradycat xx

suger definatly contributes i was at work one night. i ate 5 doughnuts and the next day i had the shakes and all sorts, it bought on a full panic because i didnt realise why i was doing it!!!!!
    ive learnt not to be so greedy and only eat 4 doughnuts next time hehehehe

That's very interesting.

I always get a bit shaky if I haven't eaten and am one just to go for a quick fix in chocolate or something. It probably isn't doing me any favours.

I'll have to keep an eye on what I eat to see if it makes a difference. Could do with losing a few pounds along the way

Annie x

I carry bananas in my bag at all times for this trembly feeling (gets more funny looks when my bag falls open than any of the other items I have in there).

I think a little chocolate is ok but it is absolutley no substitute for 'proper' food.

I tend to eat chocolate as an extra thing after a meal - never as a fill in for food.

I had a rough day yesterday and think much of this was down to the appalling amount of choc I have been consuming over Xmas.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

I get the shakes when I am hungry too,
    sometimes when I eat too much sugar I can feel my face getting a hot flush......I dont know what this means ?

When I read that site is said that if you are a sugar addict you can have panics on and on if you have just eaten sugar or not.........like a drug addict. I tried giving up before and found it so difficult (which is a sign) and also it said if you are not fussed about having breakfast in the morning thats a very strong sign (I dont like breakfast and could easily skip it). Does anyone feel relief from panic when they eat sugar ?
    I have many times had panic and got home and comforted myself with something sweet........just like a DRUG.
    I had a major panic after a banana the other day ? suppose banana has natural sugars in it.

mirryx

Lisa that site wasnt it;

TRY THIS INSTEAD;

http://www.radiantrecovery.com/index.html

well worth the read

mirryx

I definatly feel the releaf from suger!!!!! sometimes I know im craving it, Anxiety symptoms can relate to a dietry issue, have you ever considered the G.I. diet mirry??????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information