Thread: death anxiety

death anxiety

hello anyone who can help me or even recognise my thoughts. ive suffered with anxiety for years but the fear of death is my major hang up that i cannot get rid of and is taking over my life. there is no trigger for these thoughts but in brief, this is how i feel/imagine things:
    petrified of never waking up
    others dying who are special to me
    pets dying
    getting killed somehow
    i get images of death in my head which trigger panic attacks i.e people hanging or being run over ( im sorry it is a bit extreme to put this in words)
    my panics are so strong MOSTLY to do with death that i do not know where to turn to get help for this?
    o am also obssessed with worrying/panick attacks about if i get ill or others do because this automatically means i will die or they will.

please help/suggest what you can? these are extremely intense now after many years of no help.

thanks!

sophie.c.

Hi Sophie and welcome to the site. Hope you will find plenty of answers here which i am sure u will. I lnow these anxieties are horrible to say the least but pronise u do get better in time. take care for now. Vernon

thanks for replying guys, this is a great website im so glad i found it, its a new step forward just visiting here xx

sophie.c.

Hi Sophc

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">petrified of never waking up</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">getting killed somehow</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    It feels as if you're talking about me !

I sympathise 100% here... This is what my anxiety is about, fear of dying.
    I just want to say to you, that you're definitely not alone with this one, and however extreme it can be , there's always hope.
    I've seen myself being convinced there was no way out, trust me, there is.
    Have you tried hypnotherapy?

Florence.

*** Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. ***

Have you tried hypnotherapy?

Florence.

*** Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. ***

<div align="right">Originally posted by florence - 26 January 2006 : 10:32:18</div id="right">
    [/quote]

Have you tried Hypnotherapy Florence?

Cath

Hi Sophie, I am exactly the same as you, with the fear of death, trying to imagine, wanting to know what it will be like and if i get ill, it means death straight away.

I was about to do a posting, as my husbands grandad, died on weds night/thurs morning. Were not sure when yet.

I was with him everyday in hospital and saw him 2 hours before he died. He looked so calm and peaceful, and the atmosphere was not horrible at all.

Obviously, it was sad, but to see him I think has helped me deal with this fear a bit. (just a little bit)

I am now faced with do I go and see him in the chapel of rest. As I feel I need to and this may help me conquer this fear, or will it make me worse? Not sure what to do?

I gave him an amethyst stone, to help him through, which he cherished by his bedside. He is going to be buried with this in his hand. I have been asked if I want to put this in his hand. The thought is lovely, but Im not sure how I will react.

What im now doing is trying to imagine where he is, and what its like for him, but deep down, I feel he is comfortable and there is no pain or suffering?

Ill stop now, cos Im starting to babble. Im in the middle of a turn around in my fears, if I can get help on this, I will be 99% cured. I have acheived many things since being on this site, and this is the final hurdle to cross for me.

I hope you all find the comfort and help you need on this site, as I have found.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Have you tried Hypnotherapy Florence?

Cath </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Cath

Yes, I have ... I am not saying that it's a magic cure but its worth trying.

Florence.

Thread Information