Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chest pain

chest pain

oh please i am starting to panic.

does no one else have this contant chest pain. 30 of you have read and not answered is this because i am alone

oh please the pain is sooooooo real yet it has been here for 4 years, has anyone else experienced it

jackie

I have the chest pain Jackie, although not quite constant, but have had mine checked out and was reassured it was anxiety related, I sometimes find this hard to believe especially on a bad day but I try to push it to the back of my mind and distract myself with other things, easier said than done I know, have you had yours checked out.

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

yes had it checked. dont laugh but at least 60 ecgs 3 scans many blood tests 5 healthy kids and many more tests. can suffer any other pain but not this one, not the intensity of it at all but just where it is. if this pain was anywhere else for 4 years i would b able to ignore it

alexis thanks for getting back i was really beginning to feel i was the only one who had it more or less all the time

cheers jackie

I dont think anyone will laugh at you having 60ecgs etc, we need this constant checking and reassuring to make sure we are OK, has any advice been given on how to help, Im not an expert but wonder if something like hypnotherapy or something would help, I am no where near as bad as you and are able to cope or put it to the back of my mind a lot of the time, its the intrusive thoughts I hate, always something eh?
    I hope others come along and give you some good replies, I find weekends are often quieter than weekdays, good luck!!!

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

hi Jackie,

so sorry to read that you are really struggling.. with this pain, I can imagine you are really hyperventilating too which will make it worse.. you need to calm your breathing.. you could try slow relaxation.. i sometimes sit cross legged in a dark room with a candle on.. really concentrate on the candle and notice your breathing.. in for 5 out for 7 or whatever feels comfortable.. the outbreath longer..

calm is the key. and slow down.. In my bad panics I also got my husband to read to me.. this is also very calming.. could you try this? maybe your children could practice their reading with you!!

let us know how you get on,

lisa
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Dull ache
    chest pains
    Are these heart symptoms?
    Chest Pains
    what does your chest pain feel like?
    Chest pains for weeks and ectopics
    Chest pains
    Nervous
    struggling...
    chest tightness
    Chest Pains?!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I get chest pain but not constantly - stretching helps and I also think I sometimes hold my breathe which doesn't help.

When I am tense I feel it in my chest as well.

Nicola

thanks everyone for gettin back.

simply have to find a way to not let it worry me

if only i could do this , if only

thanks jackie

Jackie,

by accepting it is happening, relieves some of the tension and so eases the symptoms..

you are experiencing anxiety..

you will do it jackie you will.. just allow some time and be kind to yourself.. these symptoms will get better..

lisa
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

I get this chest pain the day after a few drinks!

I had a bottle of wine on Saturday and I suffered all yesterday, all last night (hardly slept) and all today. It's as if my mind cannot think about anything else. I can't tune into anything else as it makes me anxious. It's as if I am scared to let go of recognising the pain.

If that makes sense.

I only get it this pervasive after Alcohol - this is one of my anxieties that I don't understand yet. This is also how my anxiety started - bad panic attack after big night out.

I know this is common, but anyone know any reasons / solutions to this one?

Thanks and regards to Jackie

James

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information