Thread: A little help please?

A little help please?

Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone caould help/reassure me about something. I have suffered from acute anxiety and hypochondria for a few years since a bad car crash. A month ago i could tell that my mental health was deteriorating so i went to get it sorted. About a month ago i was prescribed 20mg citalopram and also 10 mg of the beta blocker propanolol. I also take zoton 40 mg for acid reflux. I have been feeling much better for my treatment however i am back to square one with a problem that has developed. I can just be sitting watching tv or reading a book and i get a fluttering in my heart like there is a butterfly in there. Immediately after this i get a feeling of deep dread and am convinced im going to die or have a heart attack. I have had anxiety attacks before but never like this. Is this possibly because of my medication??? im really scared that i m ight have a heart attack? Im 24 dont drink or smoke and have a vegetarian diet any help or reassurance would be much appreciated thanks in advance guys.

Hi colmillo

Welcome aboard. Have a read through the links Meg has given and you will see that you are not alone and it may help reassure you.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Nicola

Hi and welcome, Im sure you will feel much better after you have read Megs links.
    Medication causes all sorts of weird side effects as Im sure you know, I am sure you wont have a heart attack, anyway happy reading let us know what you think, take care.xxxxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

have you tried holistic therapy/complementary therapy? i have suffered with depression, panick attacks on and off through my life. I am now a qualified massage therapist and it works wonders. massage slows the body systems down and allows the mind to relax. Try to have a course of massage teatments with an experienced masseuse/masseur. 100% will help calm you. Put lavender on your pillow at night to aid peaceful sleep. Put Rose quartz crystal next your bed and or under your pillow. it helps calm you. maybe even try hypnotherapy to help you get rid of those negative thought processes and most of all stay positive surround yourself with your favourite things and people. take regular exercise.this stimulates the brain and produces indorphines (happy hormones) serotonin. i ake up every morning feeling groggy but if i do just half an hour yoga or aerobics video i feel great for the rest of the day. people are different some exercise can exhaust you at first but after a shower you will feel great. Good luck!!!! and speak to a nother doctor for a 2nd opinion about ypur medication and be careful to not get addicted to pills. also watch your diet, sugar and cofee should be avoided as they are like drugs. your body has a fix then it comes down and this can make you feel panicky and lethargic. eat lots of fresh fruit, salad vegetables, lentils, beans and fish and drink 6-8 glasses of water every day. this is only advice that i listened to and i follow and it helped me alot

Thread Information