Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite old sweet ?

What's your favourite old sweet ?

Ok, so this may be showing my age, but whilst having a particularly dodgy day today I met an old friend and for some reason we got to talking about our favourite sweets from our youth.......

We laughed at everything from sherbert dipsticks where the tube became soggy as you tried to eat it, to us, trying to be terribly sophisticated whilst "smoking" our sweet cigarettes... as if any manufacturer would make something like that now !!

So my question is, for anyone who'd care to join in......

What was your favourite sweetie treat as a child ?

Flying saucers ? shrimps ? Pineapple rock that made the roof of your mouth sore?

The sweet shop is open xx
    Last edited by greeneyes; 19-05-10 at 21:28.

Re: What's your favourite old sweet ?

Wham Bar

amazing... mine was definitely the fizzy astro belt things, the red ones, not really sure what they're called. but they were so hard to find so my other favourite, and still is, cherry drops! amazing, i used to walk to the shop with my mum to buy the radio times and she would buy them for me, and then when she sent me letters at school (i went to boarding school) she always sent a tube of cherry drops!

i always hated percy pigs which everybody loved... but i loved those fake cigarette things and pez- mainly for the free toy tube that came with them!

Quote Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
    amazing... mine was definitely the fizzy astro belt things, the red ones, not really sure what they're called. but they were so hard to find so my other favourite, and still is, cherry drops! amazing, i used to walk to the shop with my mum to buy the radio times and she would buy them for me, and then when she sent me letters at school (i went to boarding school) she always sent a tube of cherry drops!
    i always hated percy pigs which everybody loved... but i loved those fake cigarette things and pez- mainly for the free toy tube that came with them!

Oh aye I remember those fizzy astro things, I used to love them like LOL, there is a website online that sell old sweets that are hard to find, Not too sure if i can post web address here,

Brilliant - I'd forgotten about wham bars & pez.

Anyone else remember buying those spongy false teeth, like the shrimps style things. Can't believe we actually walked down the street smiling at each other with these things in.... We were way ahead of Janet street porter !!

Maybe we should open it up to what was your most hated sweet as well -
    Pontefract cake springs to mind & Cough candy and fruit pastilles that you just had to bite but nearly pulled your teeth out ?

Happy days !!

Aniseed balls they where awful,
    This thread bring back my childhood memories.

Fab to think of the good times when we were younger isn't it ?

I used to love aniseed balls but was never allowed them as my mum hated the way I would roll them around my teeth like a pinball machine - heh heh...

Think I'll go out & find myself some & make as much noise as I can !

gobstoppers

Texan bars and spangles...........................yummyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

Cola Cubes and Aztec bars

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information