Hi there;

I finally decided to go to my GP today, as my anxiety/panic has been getting out of control again. I've recently joined this forum, but have been suffering on and off for years. (mostly health-related panic and panic attacks) but also I have severe mood swings. I think they may be worse sometimes because I now live in the UK with my partner (moved here from Canada over a year ago). Sometimes I just get scared because I don't know too many people here, and it's that feeling of being away from your family.

Anyways, back to the point of this post!! My GP perscribed me Citalopram, only 10mg dose to start out with. I've always been scared to take meds, but thought I'd give it a try to see how it goes. She also signed me off work for the week so I can adjust to them. I took my first tablet today, and have felt pretty tired, worn, and really sick to my stomach. I do feel much calmer though. Just wondering if anyone else has taken them, and what your thoughts are on them.

Thanks..I look forward to reading some replies. Feel very isolated right now being on medication..it's a new and scary thing for me. xx