Thread: Maybe it's just reality??

Maybe it's just reality??

Since stopping my Citalopram medication early January I have been having periods of what I class as derealization. They come and go and can last for hours or days sometimes. What's worrying me now is that I'm not sure what normality feels like. I've been on and off medication several times over the last six years and think this has a lot to do with it.

For the last six months I've been sort of Agoraphobic but have lately started venturing out a lot more. This seems to make the what I call "derealization" a lot worse. It seems to happen a lot more indoors when im looking out of the window for example. I look out and it's almost as if I dont recognise where I am or what time of day it is etc etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? I could do with some reasurrance that it will pass in time. Thanks.

i know what you mean by not thinking your living in the real world and when i look out the window i tend to look again to see if im seeing right. i think its a case of we feel how we do and because we think so much our minds are elsewhere and everything is gonna look or seem strange i too sometimes think to myself ive forgotten what its like to live a normal life and to feel normal again with the help of people on this sight we could get there sooner than we think[:O]

Thread Information