Thread: HOW DOES IT FEEL TO FEEL DETERIALISED ETC

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO FEEL DETERIALISED ETC

what does this mean. i feel lightheaded constantly and not with it like im living in a bubble feel like i shouldnt be here and alot of tension i also feel too can anyone tell me what this is? maybe deterialisation is the wrong word just seeing wondering if anyone can help [V]

i mean DEREALISATION

I know exactly how you feel about living in a bubble, I feel as tho I have to reach out thru a bubble to do anything as tho I am not fully here it is the most awful feeling and as u will have read from megs posts it seems to be a very common aspect of anxiety, more that we become so self conscious of how we feel that we are watching everything we do. I did read somewhere that a possible physical cause is too much co2 in the blood stream reaching the brain and making the brains chemisty go all haywire which stems from incorrect breathing - that breathing thing again lol - I joined a gym to improve my fitness to change my breathing and hurt my knee and joined yoga to improve my breathing and hurt my side then the teacher closed the course cos she got ill - anyone gotta cure for bad luck yet LOL

Just to say, Meg's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me: that the feeling arises because the brain switches into 'cope with overload' mode when the stresses accumulate and become more and more of a burden to cope with. I have experienced similar feelings - separate to the anxiety - only over the last 2 months since my life changed radically and I have experienced panic for the first time.
    We know the body is not 'logical' as we would think it. For example, when you eat too much sugar, the body goes into 'sugar storing' mode, and actually over-stores sugar, with the result that you feel hungry again shortly after! Despite having more nutrition in you than you can use. Of course your body is just doing what it's evolved to do, to cope with the situation it's in. The brain is ultimately just part of the body. I think the brain is capable of being just as 'illogical' - i.e. working in a way that doesn't make sense to us because we don't really understand why it's acting that way. Does this make any sense?? I hope so...
    Anyway very good luck, you are in the right place.
    Best wishes!
    Jason

Hi,

I've heard Paul McKenna say recently that confidence is feeling comfortable in your own skin. Personally, I very often don't feel like I am in my own skin! I don't feel grounded or like I'm really here. I wouldn't say it feels like I'm in a bubble, cos that sounds quite protective, I just don't feel like I'm very present. I've been through the phase of touching things to see if they are real, but it's not that reassuring.

I do understand what causes it. It's my brain being flooded with adrenaline and noradrenaline.

One of the biggest problems I have had with feeling unreal is that I'll have the worrying thought that I'm having chest pains and I will have what feels like chest pains, but I don't feel very real and attached to my body, so I can't tell whether I'm imaging it or not!

I am starting to unwind a little now and I don't have the same symptoms to that degree, so I can only presume that it was all in my head. But it was really horrible and not an experience that I would wish on my worst enemy.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Thread Information