Thank you, I am still worrying about it and hope to see hte GP tomorrow for her to refer me or remove it, if it is small. I think it brings up a feeling of powerlessness and frustration that I am not qualified to understand why I have had fibroids very young, cysts and now this and it makes me wonder if I am prone to growths and why and what I should be doing if anything. I have only heard of people seeing gyanecologists when pregnant or trying to get pregnant or severe problems with pain/periods. I am now wondering if the anxiety i suffer is something to do with hormone imbalance and will mention this to the GP - all in all, the "surprise" element has sent me spinning a little. I have only just felt my feet touch the ground after bereavement and moving house and job and really feel upset that I need to focus on something else beyond my control :-) Being informed really helps and I hope my GP is helpful - my long term GP has left the practice, which isn't reassuring either:-( Thanks again for your replies. I will be terrified when/if it has to be removed and more so incase there is something a miss with it and/or my smear....oh goodness