Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIGHT TIME PANIC AND SLEEP PARALYSIS

NIGHT TIME PANIC AND SLEEP PARALYSIS

something else I experience, severe nightime panic where i wake up gasping for breath and feeling severely out of it --scared and rapid pounding heart--also sometimes I feel paralyzed in my sleep???? It's like my eyes are open and awake but i cannot move -it takes all my strength to get one toe or hand to move and once I do that-it's like the paralization goes away completely. it seems to happen more on my back than anything. Both of these occurrences have gone on for years --not all the time but they seem to happen atleast 3-5 x a month. It's very weird. I read that these paralyzing deals are called Sleep Paralysis. Could this be anxiety related? I've become used to it actually but it's incredibly annoying and it exhausts me. These episodes make me feel as if I have a 20k marathon.

Anyone experiences are helpful!

Thanks

I think i've had something similar.A few times in the last few months i've woken up after a bad dream or nightmare (which i have more often than pleasant dreams!) and during the first minute or so have felt completely unable to move - like i've got cramp in the whole of my upper body.Does this sound similar?

Lydia x x

Hi Scarlet!
    Ive had the feeling of being paralized around 5/6 times now since November time. I wake up but cant move for abour 10 seconds (it seems longer) its a really scary feeling. I cant even speak or shout for help, all i can do is open and close my eyes.

~*Rachel*~

Hi Star

Mine started as night time panics and it was horrible so i appreciate how you feel and will help you all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

HEY thanks for the responses. Its good to know a lot of people have had this. It started for me about 6-7 yrs ago and it does seem to be worse when I am under more stress! My ? is: WHEN ARE WE NOT UNDER STRESS?????

Anywhoo, it's very weird but I think the most troubling is sometimes when I wake up panicked (not the paralyzing deal) I will be FREAKING out and come to so to speak after I have knocked something off my end table or something like that! It's like I am in auto-panic mode even in sleep.

I guess I will just not sleep on my back that seems to make it worse!

ARG!

Starlet[:O]

I am having the night panics at the moment wake up jumping out of bed...heart racing like its gonna jump from my hest...after 10 mins heart rate goes down to 60-72...and I go back to sleep!.... I always get it when I am stressed!

i have been getting these badley latley, waking up and my heart racing, then of ourse i start to get the chest pain,around the heart area and then i freak out.

I have some weird things go on actually when i go to sleep, so i wouldnt worry too much love,although its hard not to isnt it.
    Only last night i was trying to sleep and my heart kept kinda like pausing and i dont know where i was for a few seconds , it freaks me out.. but i have a feeling its to do with the fact our bodies are trying to shut down after a fightful day and ,and up comes the panic to try again... bas**d thing even trys it when we are sleeping too... its awlful all of it.

ashley xxxxx

Yes I HATE ANXIETY,,it ticks me off that I was cursed with this disorder......God bless us all!

Starlet

Starlet

You were not cursed with this.

Start taking control back as it is not a permenent disability but a temporary emotional disorder

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Health Anxiety

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information