Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i think ive suffered a stroke

i think ive suffered a stroke

please read last posts about i think im going mental.... when i weigh up everything ...the eptopic beats and what happened to me yesterday i think that i have suffered a stroke... i really do all those signs show this

ash x

Ash

Ok calm down and try not to panic. This can be easily detected with an ECG and some tests. Why don't you get yourself to the docs and they will reassure you.

No point worrying when a simple test can reassure you.

Nicola

i may actually call my sister and ask her to come over for a while i go to a and e---
    i am in a state about all this i just cant stand it... anxiety is one thing nicola, but what i experinced yesterday was a completley different kettle of fish... i ant felt well for a while now... maybe the eptopics are all connected to me having a stroke .
    sometimes my movement is uncomftable,,, like it dont feel right etc etc--- im often getting a strange smell, and after what happened yesterday well it does add up...yes i agree that the anxiety is part of it... but i think theres a underlying problem ...seriously i do.

How can i take medication , when it could be somethink different im expericing..

ash x

Do you know what- I'm very new (in fact I only joined up today) So I hope you don't mind me offering some feedback; I started getting bad attacks again after a respite. I've had these for 12 years on and off and my symptoms are just like yours and last week I was absolutely convinced that I'd had a stroke. I woke up several nights in a row in the small hours, shot out of bed like a rocket with NO feeling on my right side; in fact my arm was completely dead! And Ectopic heartbeats- don't even get me started. I've had them on and off for 15 years but i had an episode the weekend before last that had me very worried; in fact I think it's what has started me up again.
    I was reading the paper perfectly relaxed, (apart from a bit of a hangover!) when from out of the blue my heart didn't jump or skip or anything but it was almost like quivering or trembling for 3, 4 maybe 5 minutes NON-STOP! I felt my pulse (as you do) and my heartwas beating very rapidly yet faintly like raindrops almost. I was on the verge of dialling 999. It did stop as immediately as it started but it scared the bejesus out of me, I can tell you. The ectopics I can handle; almost used to them but this scared me so much that i haven't touched a drop of alcohol or smoked one ciggie since(and I was a regular 25 a dayer and 1 or 2 glasses of vino most nights).

Can anyone relate to what I've just described. Am I being paranoid? Am waiting for a 24 hour ecg (my second- I had an echo-cardio as well when I was pregnant 3 yrs ago- result? all well!) Does this sound like a variation on our old friend -the palpitation or could it be something more sinister. Please HELP!!!

I hear you all, i really do- and thankyou for all your kind and helpful words... but its like nothink is going in this brain of mine.
    I have so many wierd things going on inside me, i even have weird sensations when i move, like an impairment in my movement.
    Today i went to get my son and this must of been the wierdest feeling i have ever ever had i tell you... i was waiting for him and i felt a bit shaky and smelt this funny smell, it was a wierd kinda sensation(bear with me .. it does all sound nuts) and then i started to feel shaky and a jelly feeling in my knees, my left side of my face went numb and i could hardley speak... man it was the nastyest ,wierdest , feeling i have ever ever had, i thought i was going to collaspe i thought well this it it, everyone will actually know what was wrong with me now, i could harldy talk seriously,,, this wasnt like i have ever had in 15 years of anxiety

maybe i do really have something and its epilepsy--- thing is i know you will all be thinking its anxiety... but friends i dont think it is... its far too weird...tis went on for around 50 mins at the most ,my pulse race wasnt mega mega fast , i was oviuosly panicky because of the way i was feeling., but not like before --- i was so slow and slurry..

oh i cant stand this...any longer ... you guys try so hard for me... maybe you should all give up on me...and thats not me feeling sorry for myself... i just dont think i do belong here anymore, because its not anxiety i have ..its an illness ...properley epilespy..OR A STROKE

THIS IS WHAT I POSTED IN MY PRIEVOUS POST AND THAT IS WHY I AM SCARED AND THINK ITS SOMETHINK ELSE...I THINK THE EPTOICS CAUSED THIS

ASHX

ASH X

SHIV
    PLEASE DONT TAKE no notice of me... im going through a hard hard time ... so please darling dont freak on my behalf... the thing is if you are suffering like this / and others are too, there properley isnt anything to worry about...me im just very lost and afraid right now x

ash x

Pls try not to worry. you probably think I'm making this up but I get that slow feeling. I feel kind of empty and have to think or concentrate really hard just to speak.
    If you feel that bad get down to a and e if nothing else to get some tests done to put your mind at ease for now. But long term you need something else cos those tests will only ease your mind for so long.
    Please try to slow your breathing and relax (I know easier said than done!). It really might help

Ash

I never think people are faking things or making it up and i am concerned about you.

I wasn't flippant in my comments about seeing the doctor atall. I really do believe you should see a doc as this could be something that needs sorting out and not everything is anxiety based.

Please try and see someone to get it looked at and let us know how it goes. Hope you will be ok.

Nicola

Shiv

The hangover may well have had something to do with yours . Very glad to hear you have stopped smoking. Hope you get your 24 hour tape and all is clear soon

Hypoglycemia
    Gi Diet
    sugar addiction and our moods.
    Low GI foods and furit juice!

Alcohol
    alcohol and panic-do they mix?
    Alcohol
    Anxiety and alcohol
    Alcohol
    hangovers
    Panic attacks and alcohol
    horrible cycle
    Anxaiety after drinking alcohol

Ashley

So you didn't collapse or have a fit then or since.

Were you able to walk /drive within that 50 mins?

If you are still experiencing symptoms then do pop down to see your GP and discuss it with them but do write it down so it comes out in the right order.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information