Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: day two of cipralex 5mg

Re: day two of cipralex 5mg

Oh I'm sorry... haven't read all the pages, but I need to know how you are finding Escitalopram?
    Do they put weight on in the long term?
    I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any input.

Hi Catya,

About weight gain....I have read many places that most antidepression drugs can cause weight gain but it is not really a sypmtom/side effect of the drug but related to the result of the drug.

When anxious/depressed most people will have poor appetites, so when the medication has finally kicked in people are feeling better and have regained their appetite because they are feeling better...

Two ways to address this is to eat healthy choices and exercise.

My opinion is that feeling better is more important!!

DAY Fortythree > had another good day today i cant remember if i i took my prop today thats how good it was lol ? had good sleep too was only up once last night ? so hopefully this is me getting better ? oops dont want to talk too soon ? i hope everyone is having a good day going to bed now have to be up early to get my grandaughter take care speak soon xxxx

Day fiftythree > hadanother good sleep last night still tired though but i think that is due to the fact i was up early this morning ? eating pretty good ? i am now taking actimel in the mornings now as that seems to be helping my stomach ? think i am comming back down with the cold again ? but i am more able to cope with it ? hope everynoe has a good day take care speak soon xxx

Sorry to hear about the cold, at least with the cold you can continue to eat which is important. Keep you fluid levels up too.

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better, take caree.

day fortyfour> had another good nights sleep not much to add today had a good day just got abit of a sore head just came on at about 9pm tonight ? just going to take two paracetamol and a hot lemonade and go to bed hopefully it will be away by tomorow i hate this cold ? hope everyone has had a good day goodnight and take care speak soon ? xxx

Day Fortyfive > had a bit of a restles night last night bit anxious this morning though but that will pass as the day goes on still good though have my 2days off work now so ill be fine i think it is still the cold tough looming lol ? have my grandaugter overnight tonight so that will help im tired too but we all have our off days i will feel better tomorow i hope just a blip ? going out shopping later ? hope every one has a good day take care speak soon xxx

Definitely just a blip, especially with the cold. Keep positive and take my experience wtih the flu as an example, illness at this stage in the medication cycle hits us hard and causes us to be anxious more than we nromally do...

Enjoy the time with you grand daughter. take care and talk soon

DAY FIFTYFOUR > HAVING A ROUGH
    DAY TO
    DAY DONT KNOW WHATW WRONG WITH MY LAPTOP AS IT IS GOING FUNNY AND WRITING LIKE THIS MABE I FEELING ROUGH AS I HAD MY GRANDUAGH
    TER STAYING OVER LAST NIGHT AND DID NOT HAVE MUCH SLEEP HEAD BURNING FEEL SICK AND WHEN I SHUT MY EYES I HAVE WHITE FLASHING LIGHTS GETTING REALLY SCARED NOW ? TAKE CARE SPEAK SOON XXX

That is lack of sleep for sure! Try to get a good nap in today that should help you out.

Be easy on yourself you are still adjusting, have a baby around is beautiful but can be very tiring too!

Think of how great you have been feeling and just get some rest

Take care and hang in there

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information