Thread: Had to call an ambulance.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had to call an ambulance.

Hi, I have been on sertraline for 2 days now, and first night was ok couldn't sleep but was ok, tonight tho has just been awful I felt like my Tongue was swelling I couldn't breath... Ambulance came out and said I was fine it was just panic, is this really normal? I need some reassurance

Re: Had to call an ambulance.

It does definatley sound like you had a panic attack. It's normal to feel those kind of sensations with high anxiety/panic attacks. If the paramedics said you're fine, you're fine so hold onto that! I know it's scary but it does get better, you won't feel this bad forever.

I have no knowledge of Sertraline whatsoever but I have heard that certain medications increase anxiety before decreasing it though. There's a sub forum on it in the medication section of the forum so you might find it helpful to have a read through the posts in there or make one and it might get more attention from people who have experience with that medication. xx

Here's the link just incase you didn't know, hope this helps a little bit xx http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Re: Had to call an ambulance.

I agree with pokerface here - the newer antidepressants do seem to make a lot of people more anxious initially. Also, the whole issue of taking medication (no matter what it is) can set some people off, and if you have a look through the posts on here, you'll find a lot of users finding this a problem.

Do trust the paramedics though - if they said you're fine, you are. They go through a lot of training and would have taken you into hospital if they had the slightest doubt about you.

Thread Information