Quote Originally Posted by sued View Post
Hi all
thanks so much for the information on this subject. I was suffering with stress and anxiety which at its height gave way to compulsive thoughts of harming people I love and myself. I would hide anything sharp and was even scared to hug my children for these thoughts I was having. It was horrendous. However, with time and support I have been able to combat these thoughts. I didnt know there was a name and whole host of information on this subject and feel even more grateful for this site! You learn something new every day.
Things are much better for me now, I have been on citalopram for 3 months, have returned to work and am feeling much better. I took an online CBT course and have some mp3's which i listen to to reassure me. You have to work at it everyday but it certainly helped me to know I wasnt alone and it will go away. Good luck everyone x Sue x

Glad to hear it, you've probably seen my thread of what I'm suffering from below this, I'm glad to hear that people can recover from this, it's hard to bare with!