Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety back after 7 months (tired symtom)

Anxiety back after 7 months (tired and memory symptoms)

Hi,

I have suffered from anxiety for 12 years and for some reason, which I can not answer, I have been able to cope for the last 7 months until this new worry of mine and I was wondering if anybody could advise me or help with this symptom.

Since last week, I have been feeling tired all day, not in the way of yawning but I feel like I can not be bothered to do things and because of this, I seem to be 100% concentrating on it and my mind feels like I'm not there because of it (hard to explain).

I have been eating less (1000 calories) because over the past 16 months I was diagnosed with having a fatty liver and I was told to loose weight, which I have lost 5 stone.

Family members have told me that I'm cencentrating on it, which is making the sympton worse and because I'm worring I have lukemier or alzheimer's, sounds weird but these are my thoughts.

Obviously, I'm trying the golden rule number one by not using google.

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 10-07-11 at 14:02.

Re: Anxiety back after 7 months (tired symtom)

Wow, 5 stone is a lot to lose! I would think that the tiredness is a symptom of eating less and losing that much weight in that time. Hopefully you will begin to pick up again -are you eating good, energy rich foods, as well as low fat?
    Tiredness in itself is nothing to worry about, it can be an anxiety symptom or a run down symptom, and I'm sure you only feel worse because you're concentrating on it =)

I have been experiencing tiredness on and off too recently. It's so awful. I've been told a have a slightly under-active thyroid gland so I'm thinking this might be it. But I'm sure anxiety has a lot to do with it too?

Does yours come and go?

I have been experiencing tiredness on and off too recently. It's so awful. I've been told a have a slightly under-active thyroid gland so I'm thinking this might be it. But I'm sure anxiety has a lot to do with it too?

Does yours come and go?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post

Does yours come and go?
    Regarding does it come and go, I'm not sure because I'm constantly thinking about it, which I have got to try and stop doing but it is harder said than done :-)

Quote Originally Posted by VioletWings View Post
    Wow, 5 stone is a lot to lose! I would think that the tiredness is a symptom of eating less and losing that much weight in that time. Hopefully you will begin to pick up again -are you eating good, energy rich foods, as well as low fat?
    Tiredness in itself is nothing to worry about, it can be an anxiety symptom or a run down symptom, and I'm sure you only feel worse because you're concentrating on it =)
    Regarding food, I'm eating normal every day foods but I have been cutting down my calories from what I guess was 3500 a day to 1000 per day and I have been going hungary for long times of the day.

I'm not sure if this is a symtom I could see my doctor with, would they take it serious or just find it pointless?

I went to see my doctor Monday, who requested a blood test.

Do you think the results will be ready tomorrow?

Hi reddevil,
    Yep, i also seem to be very tired all the time. Like you all, i have lost my motivation to do anything..

Update.

My blood test results came back normal for my tiredness feeling.

I asked the doctor can my medication cause memory loss problems, which is said no, especially a low dose of 30mg, so dont worry.

I left feeling happy but still don't understand why im tired and worring about my memory going.

Froends have told me anxiety will cause these two symtoms, do friends on here agree with them?

Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information