Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost a lot of weight... Worried.

Lost a lot of weight... Worried.

Hi all first post here and somewhere to release the tension.

I have been in full blown anxeity attack for the last 9 week's or so and for some reason i weighed myself and found out i had lost about 20 pound's.

I had not been eating as my normal self maybe's lucky to be eating 1000 cal's and i was a big lad 252lb's and am 31 year's old.

Now come's the bad part i have been having mucus in my stool with the odd twinge of blood, the odd stomach cramp but i keep asscoiating the weight loss to these symptom's and you know what my conclusion come's to.

I have spoken to my doctor about my fear's and he symphasied with me told me to get my blood's done one was glutten the other was the thyroid and not sure of the last, also he has made me an appointment to see some for a colonscopy, i just don't know if i can make it another 2 week's to find out if i have.

Also i have recently lost another 2 pound's since i seen the doctor i am so scared, is it normal to lose weight this fast with anxeity?

Thank's

Re: Lost a lot of weight... Worried.

Hi, if a man your age and build starts eating only 1000 calories a day, I would expect it to be very likely to see a lot of weight drop off fast! Also, I wonder how balanced your diet could be? Maybe the lack of certain food groups is causing your bowel probs? 1000 cals is really not much. Even when I do my strictest dieting phases, I eat way more calories than that and still lose weight! And I'm a 140lb (ish) female! Try not to think the worst - at least you're having some tests for peace if mind. All the best, Carly

Thank's for the reply i just read a person in my age range has a 0.06 chance of getting the C word.

So i have to look at that as a positive also i guess, google come in handy for a change i guess.

The weight thing has totally freaked me out i must be checking my weight 10-15 time's a day now, just tryed to sleep but i am far to anxoius feel's like my heart want's to jump out my chest, i am going to have to hold out till my eye's decide they are to heavy i have only had like 4 hour's sleep in the last 2 day's.

Anxiety causes you to burn more calories as well as kill your appetite.
    I lost over stone, about 8 months ago and so far despite eating more only gained 6 pounds back. I lose weight when ever my anxiety gets bad which sucks as I don't have the weight to losing!
    try drinking more calories , like Complan, or those protein drinks, use extra butter and sugar ect...
    the blood work is just routine, I've had my thyroid tested twice this year as well as other blood work.
    you are getting a bit obsessed over your weight, really try and stop those thoughts and behaviors if you can.
    what is it that is freaking out about losing weight? For me it was becoming underweight and my looks.
    Your heart is racing due to you being anxious, because you are trying to sleep you will be much more aware of it but it is by no means dangerous.
    CBT therapy is very good for anxiety, I suggest you find a therapist or a professional who can help you learn how to manage your anxiety better.
    it is a very hard thing to deal with on your own x

Thank's for the reply i guess i am linking the sudden weight loss to the big C, and it's stupid i know i just cant let go of it.

The doctor gave me some citalopram but it's making me feel more anxouis at the minute till the side effect's wear off... Heart beat and fatigue i am getting out of the side effect's.

Just passed another stool and no mucus or blood my stool is not solid but i dare bet that's down to lack of nutrient's from not eating.

It's all a vicious circle, i keep telling myself i am ok and i do believe i am just i am and alway's will be a very anxoius person over my health... Over the last 9 week's i felt i couldn't get a proper breath ended up getting a scope done everything was fine and it disappeared till i got a pain in my back near the shoulder blade after reading about risk's of a bronchoscopy... Then this bowt it's been none stop for 9 week's.

hi, i know how you feel, i've been going through similar myself.

I've been severely anxious for the past 6 weeks. I have ibs and since this anxious spell has started i've been having loose stools/diahoreah on and off. I've spoken to a few drs about this and they all say anxiety.

I have also lost my appetite because of this, barely eating 700 calories a day and have lost about 18lbs. Logic tells me that if i don't eat enough i'll lose weight but my irrational sides has me imagining it Must be cancer.

Does your gp think you're needing a colonscopy or is it for your peace of mind?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi thanks for the reply, maybes for peace of mind i think i was near enough in tears in the doctors office... He said its rare for a person so young to get colon cancer and hes leaning towards IBD...

I was that freaked out i had a paramedic out today as i cant sleep i might get 5 mins then i am awake... I guess it could be a side effect of citarapram but i need something to calm myself down.

Anyways all my vital signs are good... I am just so freaked out with losing my weight.

Hi and yes anxiety will make you lose weight and you sound like my dog no disrespect she has colitus and thats the same symptoms and 2 years ago I lost 24 lbs in 3 weeks through health scare and the chances of it being a C is very very remote your anxiety is causing inflamation and over activity of the bowel hence the blood and mucus common as sh** get the tests to put your mind at reast and maybe lose a bit more weight and you will feel even better.
    Your doc will put you right as he is getting the tests done to give you peace of mind I am sure.

Some healing stones for you

hi,

This anxiety and fear is consumimg, is'nt it? Have you been told how long you'll have to wait for your colonscopy?

Try not to worry too much about the weight loss, you will lose weight if you don't eat enough. If you're only averaging about 1000 cals a day i'd imagine you'd lose about 2/3lbs per week.

i hope you don't have to wait too long to get things resolved.

Thank's, i am losing more than 2/3 lb a week more like near enough 1lb a day i was 228lb on wednesday just weighed myself and i am 224.4 lb.

This is what's freaking me out i even told the paramedic that's the big thing that's playing on my mind.

Still waiting for my letter to confirm my colonscopy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information